The Supercharged Anglia's (2 Viewers)

TopFuel@Lions

Nitro Member
Gosh I loved these cars, they put on exciting and wild shows.

Some of my favorites, add yours!

Jim Shores & Skip Hess-Skippers Critter
Ed & Ray Kohler-King Kong
Steve Korney-Goldfinger
Royal Kahuna
Jim Jennings & Dennis Miller
Vern Hicks-Hicks and Sons
Bob Panella-Padrone
Larry Holt-Speed Specialties
Paul & Silas Pittman-Pittman Bros.
Mel Mars & Phil Lukens-Blairs Speed Shop
Chris Wheeler
Pacini Bros.-Showdown
Kronna-Deb-Sandberg

Whenever there was a 8-car or 4-car race at Lions, you could count on a stout field and some dang good racing.

TopFuel@Lions
Talladega Short Track Announcer

Gosh I loved these cars, they put on exciting and wild shows.

Some of my favorites, add yours!

Jim Shores & Skip Hess-Skippers Critter
Ed & Ray Kohler-King Kong
Steve Korney-Goldfinger
Royal Kahuna
Jim Jennings & Dennis Miller
Vern Hicks-Hicks and Sons
Bob Panella-Padrone
Larry Holt-Speed Specialties
Paul & Silas Pittman-Pittman Bros.
Mel Mars & Phil Lukens-Blairs Speed Shop
Chris Wheeler
Pacini Bros.-Showdown
Kronna-Deb-Sandberg

Whenever there was a 8-car or 4-car race at Lions, you could count on a stout field and some dang good racing.

TopFuel@Lions
Talladega Short Track Announcer
In Midwest guy owned Blown Anglia called Plum Crazy of course it was Plum color I'm sure it's still around not sure who owns it now , ran late 60s to early 70s.

Some of those guys got into F/C classes later on. Kind of a natural progression, I think. Gary Densham ran AA/Street Roadster, which was AA/GS w/ a T body. I think he would put a little pop in the tank and run with the AA/FA once in awhile.

Saw Ken Dondero work the 4-speed in Panella's car to win Comp at Pomona, let the youngin's bang a supercharged Anglia today. They would have lot's of fun.

Watching Korney's Goldfinger at Lions, up close, under the lights on a Saturday night was so cool.

Steve Bilbey, Gary Burgin ,also had supercharged roadsters Cliff. They were a handful.

TopFuel@Lions

Not a race car; but my Dad had a sweet pro street ‘48 van; blown 350, coil overs, Mustang II front end, tubbed, tinned, Yada yada yada. He ran it one time to about 60 foot at the Texas Motorplex Ford weekend meet once. 10 feet after the green bulbs that thing turned so hard to the left pointed right into the wall, it scared the crap out of him and he sold it at that car show the next day LOL. Those are drivers’ cars for sure. This one was definitely not set up right; but I’ve heard they’re all a handful.

There is an Anglia group that runs in Santa Pod in UK. They call the cars "Pops". You can see videos of them on U Tube & they are a handful!

Some non Anglia's that were cool were, Jim Mack's Mac's Taxie and as previously mentioned, Steve Wood's Hypocrite 2. Great stuff.

TopFuel@Lions

Not sure how many of these Texas circuit cars were supercharged, but several ran nitro.
1970-05-17.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back