The Professor and Mr. October (1 Viewer)

Professor Dave

Nitro Member
I don't know if anyone caught Hot Rod TV yesterday, but the segment was on GM building a 69 Camaro for Reggie Jackson, baseball's Mr. October. When it came time for an engine, they turned to WJ to build an engine using GM Performance Part's new block. They showed Reggie and WJ working on the engine together and Kurt dynoing the motor (it made over 640 horsepower). As a fan of both baseball and drag racing (at least 7 hours of both starting today at 4 pm on ESPN2), I found it a cool segment. The only bad part was Reggie in his Yankees hat-couldn't he have had on an A's hat or an Angels hat? The Red Sox beat both of those teams in the playoffs when he played for them, but they had to wait until 2004 to down the Yankees.

Reggie also talked about how he'd go to drag strip at night to race if the A's played a day game. And what a collection of cool cars he has.

They also had a great article about the car and the build in Super Chevy mag last month. What a smokin ride that is!
You are so right about Reggie's collection...He really knows cars.

Dangit, I thought this was going to be about YOU and Reggie, lol!

Haha - I did too!

As far as the Yankees thing goes, isn't he still involved with the Yankees in a public relations capacity? I may be wrong, but I thought I heard this somewhere.

Go Sox! First pitch is in a few hours!!

i would have loved to have seen that episode, anyone know whether its gonna be repeated or is a copy of the show available anywhere

Didn't Reggie lose a bunch of cars to a fire some years ago? I seem to remember he lost more than a few rare ones.

The bare block alone lists for $2500. Its a pretty nice peice if you have the cash to put one together. Must be nice to be Leno or Reggie to get motors like they do and you can bet they probably paid very little for it.

Bob

The bare block alone lists for $2500. Its a pretty nice peice if you have the cash to put one together. Must be nice to be Leno or Reggie to get motors like they do and you can bet they probably paid very little for it.

Bob

Hmmm... How do you figure the last part of your sentence? Why do you think that they wouldn't have to pay for parts / services rendered?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back