The "John Force" Signature (1 Viewer)

clwill

Nitro Member
So I was just perusing johnforceracing.com and noticed in the copyrights at the bottom that it says:
The John Force signature is a registered trademark of The Maxx Trust, used by permission.

Now that's interesting... The Maxx Trust is set up by "John Harold Force and Laurie Force", and also owns the "Driving Force" brand -- which in turn owns trademarks on:
PRINTED MATERIALS; CALENDARS; POSTERS; NOTE CARDS; PRE-RECORDED COMPACT DISCS, LASER DISCS, CD-ROMS, DVD'S, DVD-ROMS, VIDEO TAPES, CASSETTES, AND OTHER PRE-RECORDED OPTICAL, ELECTRONIC, DIGITAL, AND MAGNETIC MEDIA; COMPUTER GAME SOTWARE; COMPUTER SCREEN SAVER SOFTWARE; PLASTIC NOVELTY LICENSE PLATES; NON-METAL KEY RINGS; MUGS; DRINKING GLASSES; DRINKING STEINS; BEVERAGE CONTAINERS; COMMEMORATIVE AND DECORATIVE PLATES; TOYS, GAMES AND PLAYTHINGS; CLOTHING, HEADWEAR, AND FOOTWEAR; ENTERTAINMENT IN THE NATURE OF TELEVISION SHOWS AND FEATURE FILMS ON THE SUBJECT OF AUTOMOBILE RACING; PRODUCTION OF TELEVISION SHOWS AND FEATURE FILMS

Not sure what computer "sotware" is... :p

But, say what you will about JFR, fan or not, the guy is not a stupid business man and has good legal help. Anyone who copyrights their signature is playing for keeps... :)

I guess when you speant as much time at the bottem as he did , you learn how to protect your butt when you get to the top .

I threw John out of Irwindale before he ever got his first F/C....tried to get in for free with the "I've got parts for the L.A. Hooker" bit. Didn't work. Six months later he was back to test and get his license in his first car. Wasn't any big deal back then, but look at him now. Like him or not (I happen to like him), he has done a remarkable job of rising to the top and creating a drag racing empire.

I seem to remember a article about Dale Earnhardt doing that some time ago. it was all about souvenir sales if i remember correctly.

John and his team are great business people. And yes Earnhardt made multi-millions on trademarks. Teresa still is actually. If I remember correctly, didnt Force sell the rights to Ashley's name to someone a few years ago before she went pro? It was a big money deal aswell but I cant remember who it was.

I threw John out of Irwindale before he ever got his first F/C....tried to get in for free with the "I've got parts for the L.A. Hooker" bit. Didn't work. Six months later he was back to test and get his license in his first car. Wasn't any big deal back then, but look at him now. Like him or not (I happen to like him), he has done a remarkable job of rising to the top and creating a drag racing empire.

If you dont like him (which personally I do) you certainly have to respect what he has done. He is a true American success story and a living testomony to what hard work and perseverance can do for you.:)

Hi Pat:

Believe it or not in the early 1970's when I was a long haired high school radical that line got us in the pits for free at OCIR more than once. All we did was show our NHRA membership card as our official "get in the pits free" card.

To make up for it we try to keep the oil downs to a minimum now.:D

RG

Thats why I never ask for autographs , no autograph no matter whos it is will will ever be as good as actualy meeting the person and shaking their hand .

Can't you do both? My son (8) was thrilled to get hero cards signed and his picture taken with the racers.

Can't you do both? My son (8) was thrilled to get hero cards signed and his picture taken with the racers.

Yeah that was just my oppinion I have no problem with autographs , they just arent for me you know because I would hate to get someones autograph then lose it you know .

What amazes me is that you can copyright a scribbled line which is basically what you get with a Force autograph

What amazes me is that you can copyright a scribbled line which is basically what you get with a Force autograph

I'm pretty sure they're talking about the one that's part of the company logo, not the scrawl he manages to pump out 100/minute in the pit :D

I'm pretty sure they're talking about the one that's part of the company logo, not the scrawl he manages to pump out 100/minute in the pit :D

I have a Kenny Youngblood print called "Force Power" that I bought already autographed by him and unfortunately the autograph on it is not much better

In Richmond 2007 I had WJ sign my hat, he signed right over the John Force autograph from the previous year! Remarkably the 2 signatures look very much alike....:eek:

Hey Guy's, any signature by anyone on anything is protected by copyright laws as well as original art work, the rights belong to the person who created it no mater how much it or they very in style from one another, mostly applies to reproducing for purpose of sale

i am very happy all u sons a guns are Jfr apologist. but, RC is the best damn FC driver ever. and he will win a natiional title ..........RC is my boy.

btw, i've got a 5ft 10 blonde on my lap and her sister......her name is.....april...............ron capps.........funny car......sum bieotch is bad ass.........................bloomer snatcher, steve bullard.

btw, i've got a 5ft 10 blonde on my lap and her sister......her name is.....april...............ron capps.........funny car......sum bieotch is bad ass.........................bloomer snatcher, steve bullard.

Steve ... if you have not one but TWO women sitting in your lap ... what in the hell you doin' posting here? Posting at the 'mater should be way down your list of priorities at that moment ....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back