The humble school bus turned into 367mph flame-throwing dragster (1 Viewer)

I saw it run in person a few weeks ago on a quarter mile track. If I remember correctly, it ran a 10.XX and was well under 200mph.

I saw it run in person a few weeks ago on a quarter mile track. If I remember correctly, it ran a 10.XX and was well under 200mph.

Camera angles are deceiving but I can't believe that thing's traveling 367, at least not in this video. 225-250, maybe.

Not that it lacks for power (17,000 lbs thrust). Two of these engines pushed the SSC land speed record vehicle to 765MPH. I don't know exactly how thrust is converted to HP but the SSC's claimed horsepower is 110,000.

Last edited:
Looked like it was in the 2's for sure...but who really cares.
Stuff like this cracks me up and puts a smile on my face every time!

Mans creation's.

Got to love it!

Reading some of the Replies/ Posts under the article, some of the poster sound like they think the 'bus' is taking kids to school... it also sounds like they've never heard of or seen "Shockwave" or any of the Jet Trucks that do the 'airshows'.

enjoyed the video, think I'd enjoy seeing it run at the NAS Oceana or NAS Norfolk air shows.

d'kid

i was reminded again this weekend of why Bob Motz has without a doubt the coolest jet vehicle in the world.....i've seen multiple jet semis, i've seen the bus from this article, i've a jet outhouse, a jet quad, and a jet bar stool....Motz blows them all a way.....like i said when i saw him again on saturday night.....he's the only jet car i never get tired of watching

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back