The Hot Rod Story. Incredible video. (1 Viewer)

It is a great video! Big named racers sprinkled into the video. After watching dragster after dragster smoke the tire all the way down the 1/4 mile and listening to the ETs, it's amazing to think that was "state of the art" stuff. No wings, no wheelie bars and equipped with recapped slicks..... I wonder what videos of today's race cars will look like 40 years from now.

That's a great video. Lots of footage of Jeb Allen's family, campaigning their little injected fueler "the Stinger" with Jeb's 16 year old brother Les driving.

Nunzio, I was planning on watching the video when I get home tonight. But, you definitely sold it!! My stepdad owned that car in the 90s and I was lucky enough to drive a few years. Great little car!

Eric, that's amazing. I remember being a little kid and reading the Drag Racing USA mag that had a feature on the Allen's cars, they were on the cover. One was the "Stinger" and the other the "Wasp". I'm pretty sure anyway, that's quite awhile ago!

You got it. The Stinger and Wasp. That was a cool article. My dad has a copy of the magazine at home. Just finished the video. Wow. Wish I could have been around then to see and experience all of that.

Wow, where has this gem been hiding? If that doesn't put a smile on your face you don't like drag racing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back