the cars have arrived, unfinished business (1 Viewer)

Garlits is supposed to run his 'Lectric car at the gators. Would love to see him run 200 in it. Would be fitting to have the final between Shirley & Garlits. Oh yeah.....

Cliff,

I don't believe so, it will be there on display but it's my understanding that it will not run this weekend. But it possibly will at a National Event later this year.

Alan

I THOUGHT I HEARD HE'S BRINGING IT TO GAINESVILLE TO GET CERTIFIED.......

Last edited:
ALAN........

HOW IS MY MUSTANG ?.........GIVE HER A PAT ON THE BUMPER FOR ME......

Your Mustang? I guess I don't know what Mustang you're talking about, the one that lives with me isn't a her, he's a Stallion.

Alan

Cliff,

I don't believe so, it will be there on display but it's my understanding that it will not run this weekend. But it possibly will at a National Event later this year.

Alan

Fooey, was hoping he'd run it. Oh well... Alan, I was thinking that if you want a really cool car, get a Pinto wagon. Swap the engine out of the Stallion into the Pinto and you'd have a sneaky sleeper. ;)

I just walked over to look at them and I'm pretty sure I saw Garlits with a stocking covering his face tweaking around under the hood. They better make sure his doesn't have a blower on it come race day.:D

I just walked over to look at them and I'm pretty sure I saw Garlits with a stocking covering his face tweaking around under the hood. They better make sure his doesn't have a blower on it come race day.:D
or tip the can!
"Honest, I thought 85% would just clean 'er out a little!"

I guess this is what it would be like if they all decided to race their rent-a-cars before heading out to the airport...

i also heard WJ covered up his toyota's manifold for prying eyes :D

I don’t know, it’s kind of embarrassing to put some of the biggest names to ever grace a drag strip in 15 second cars isn’t it? I love the idea but why not some modern muscle cars at least?

Put me down for $20 on Garlits and 10 each on Prudhomme then Amato.

Why is Garlits' car not rat black I wonder.
Oh well, turn your keys or push the fob -
That was my first thought. [I'm not complaining but just curious] Did the drivers pick the scheme or was it someone at Toyota? I don't know how Big Daddy's car isn't black and Amato's isn't candy apple red.
I appreciate what they are doing and hate to rain on the parade but why is BD in a white car?????

You know, you sit in a white car once and it follows you forever...

swamp-rat-24.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back