The "all new, bells and whistles, singing and dancing" NHRA.com down??? (2 Viewers)

Just curious what kinda systems do you guys have? It loads the whole site in under 10 seconds for me.... I find it alot more pleasing then the old site and visit more often then i used to... Matter of fact it loads alot faster then the mater does for me.....

Pentium quad core 2.4
3 gb of low latency ram
ati HD 4850 video card
and comcast high speed cable internet
I use either firefox or IE7 for browser

I think you just nailed it Shane...
running cox cable and firefox
but
on board graphics
ADM 2.21
1.93 ram

but to be honest, I find it over blown and pretentious... I go for information, not graphic, passover drop down menus... I wish web page designers would Re-learn K.I.S.S. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

but that's me, I don't know what kids want in a web page... I guess the latest hot lick:confused:

Just curious what kinda systems do you guys have? It loads the whole site in under 10 seconds for me.... I find it alot more pleasing then the old site and visit more often then i used to... Matter of fact it loads alot faster then the mater does for me.....

8 processor Mac Pro with 16gb of Memory, ATI RadeonX1900 and cable internet, always run FireFox. It's not what's on our end that causes the problem...

10 seconds is a lifetime. NHRA.com loads at widely varying speeds, sometimes in 2-3 seconds, sometimes it takes forever.

I can navagate the new site ok but i really miss the Photo of the week, right on the home page. now i have to look for it.. And the text is too small

P.S.... it loads fine for me ,3 yeard old HP no upgrades just comcast ( about 10sec)

Last edited:
I like the coloring of the new site. I too prefer headlines rather than pics as the link but I can live with it. I can't find the fantasy on there either.

I don't have any problems loading it on either of the two pc's I use. In fact audicast last week came up faster on both systems then it did before.

Can't wait to see the live timing feature, I've had an idea for something similar for awhile now, it will be interesting to see how they go

I'm in Japan and haven't had problem with the page loading at home, work or on my mylo wifi device. Believe me if there was ever something to hang up a web page its NMCI.

S/F
D

Re: For the folks who are not stateside

Just got an interesting tip for us Euro-folks from one of our premier Euro drag racing photogs: Hit NHRA.com instead of NHRA.com and it works just fine.

Many thanks. My bad, should've caught that meself but it's totally contrary to how a lot of companies screw up their DNS setup. Never ever saw that issue before.

But how many of NHRAs international customer base care about NHRAs internal IT problems or know what a DNS is? If you have a modern 'puter and the address of NHRA.com it should be enough for connecting to the worlds premier drag racing sanction without any problems no matter where you are based geographically. It's 2009 and in that this thread should not even be here.

But the new graphics are real good AFAIC.

Regards
PiPPi
http://HarleyDrags.com

The only problem then will be the audiocast which always streams through a "www." url, however it may be worth trying NHRA.com Full Throttle Series Event Audiocast when it goes live and see what happens. But as you say if NHRA.com is live it just points to a total screw-up with the DNS.

Inasmuch as I am often very critical of the NHRA, I honestly believe this new website was an attempt at improvement and I do understand that they will have growing pains during and a while after the launch.

I say give them a little slack on the web site while they work the bugs out. There's plenty of other everyday injustices you can point fingers at.

Now the entire site is down. :rolleyes:

sorry, an error has occurred on the page you are trying to access.

it is possible that the page has been moved, or you typed the address incorrectly. please click the link below to go to the Americaneagle.com home page.

please click the link below to go to the home page.

nhra.com

That it is. I was hoping to get on the site and read BB's blog in regards to Sally Gilbertson passing away. What a shock that was to me. Hope NHRA gets their site back up soon.

That it is. I was hoping to get on the site and read BB's blog in regards to Sally Gilbertson passing away. What a shock that was to me. Hope NHRA gets their site back up soon.

Kurt,
not sure if this will work, but if you go to a previous thread--'Sally Gilbertson',--there is a link posted for the Bob Gilbertson blog. That may work for you while NHRA is getting their bugs worked out. There was no story yet on the web site about this unless you clicked onto the blogs. It was very short. Good Luck
L.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back