The 2021 Nitro Revival Coming in November (1 Viewer)

Word has it that the NHRA copyrighted the term "Cacklefest" and has not allowed the Nitro Revival organizers the right to use it. Whatever term is used, the people and cars are the attraction. Here is the list of both as of this morning.

Really, I hadn't heard that NHRA did or going to copyright the term "Cacklefest" it doesn't surprise me with the NHRA.
What are they going to do charge people to use "Cacklefest" Gezzzzz NHRA give us a break!
But everyone knows what the letters NHRA really spell.

NO HAPPY RACERS ALLOWED

The laws almost require them to copyright everything. Otherwise someone else could have copyrighted “cacklefest” preventing NHRA from using that term. The company I work for has had numerous programs over the years that they had to rename because another company copyrighted the name of the program. Just stupid if you ask me.

Yep, however, if you can prove that you've used that term prior to another party filing for the copyrights, you still can leaglly use it. But I don't think the principles are interested in persuing any legal remedies over such a vaige term.

Jim, if you follow Steve Gibbs or are a member of the Nitro Revival Group on Facebook, you will know this to be true. People have been coming up with alternitive terms yesterday and this moring. Mine is "The Original Ground Pounding Dragsters." ;)

Yep, however, if you can prove that you've used that term prior to another party filing for the copyrights, you still can leaglly use it. But I don't think the principles are interested in persuing any legal remedies over such a vaige term.

Jim, if you follow Steve Gibbs or are a member of the Nitro Revival Group on Facebook, you will know this to be true. People have been coming up with alternitive terms yesterday and this moring. Mine is "The Original Ground Pounding Dragsters." ;)
Gino thanks for the info. I do follow Nitro Revival on there web page. I don't do facebook, I had my airfare, hotel ready to go
last year and we know what happen. Can't make it this year but for sure in 2022.
Steve and Cindy and the rest of the group do a great job! Hope they stay at Irwindale
My alternitive term would have to have AA/FD in it somewhere

Jim, last year they were going to do two events before the COVID thing happened; one in the Spring and another in the Fall. There was a consideration for the same this year, but everything was in lockdown until last month. Could be that they plan that wa again for next year and yes, they are going to keep it at Irwindale.

I have an agreement with them for support simular to what the Jim McLennan Foundation does for them. We had an impromtu meeting yesterday at the Peterson Museum. :)

Jim, last year they were going to do two events before the COVID thing happened; one in the Spring and another in the Fall. There was a consideration for the same this year, but everything was in lockdown until last month. Could be that they plan that wa again for next year and yes, they are going to keep it at Irwindale.

I have an agreement with them for support simular to what the Jim McLennan Foundation does for them. We had an impromtu meeting yesterday at the Peterson Museum. :)
Gino, this kind of stuff you and Steve and other groups do around the country is just FANTASTIC!!! Thank You
I'm stuck in the 60s and 70s LOL. Just check out my thread Sunday will never be the same... I wish I could go back
to my first race 1968 (8 years old) AA/FD and AA/GD at Pacific Raceway June of 1968
Just checked out Nitro Revival Facebook page it's a Public group so that is cool for me. Thank again!!!

Really, I hadn't heard that NHRA did or going to copyright the term "Cacklefest" it doesn't surprise me with the NHRA.
What are they going to do charge people to use "Cacklefest" Gezzzzz NHRA give us a break!
But everyone knows what the letters NHRA really spell.

NO HAPPY RACERS ALLOWED
NOT HELPING RACERS ASSOCIATION

Gino, this kind of stuff you and Steve and other groups do around the country is just FANTASTIC!!! Thank You
I'm stuck in the 60s and 70s LOL. Just check out my thread Sunday will never be the same... I wish I could go back
to my first race 1968 (8 years old) AA/FD and AA/GD at Pacific Raceway June of 1968
Just checked out Nitro Revival Facebook page it's a Public group so that is cool for me. Thank again!!!

Jim, I guess I consider myself lucky as I was born into the drag racing scene ('64) as my dad was heavily involved as a racer, car owner and provided a service for many competitors; One of his customers from Washington who ran T/F was Ernie Hall. But in my teenage years dad's business took him more to the NASCAR scene and with the closing of OCIR and Ontario, I kinda lost interest in drag racing. Surfing and later beach volleyball became my thing.

I'd always watched it on TV(usually in the background at a bar after a day on the beach, but it wasn't until '99 that I went to the track again. It was the March Meet that year and it all came back to me all at once; the sights, the sounds and the smells. However, the thing that really got me hooked in again was the people involved. Never had I been around such kind and generally caring group of people that has develop into genuine friendship. I'm talking about sharing soup recipes with Jess Tyree (RIP) in his trailer, or visiting Dale Pulde in the hospital when he was very sick, or giving Pat Dixon (Jr.'s mom) and Barbara Hogan a lift to their car on the other side of the parking lot because it's too far to walk. Having a laugh with Dave McClellan about thinks I don't remember, or Roland Leong walking up to me to say "Hi" and talking about a mutual friend of ours, or teasing "Ace" about some of his antics and he laughing along too, or having Steve Gibbs breakdown and cry in front of me shortly after losing Gordy (his wife of 60 years). These are the people who we idolized when we were young.

But you know what, I've been blessed to get to know many of these idols as regular human beings and can call them my friend. The cars are cool, but the best part of drag racing are the people you meet along the way and get to know. And remembering those that were their fiends that time has taken away from this world we live in. I don't mind giving a little back if it makes the world a better place. :)

Jim, I guess I consider myself lucky as I was born into the drag racing scene ('64) as my dad was heavily involved as a racer, car owner and provided a service for many competitors; One of his customers from Washington who ran T/F was Ernie Hall. But in my teenage years dad's business took him more to the NASCAR scene and with the closing of OCIR and Ontario, I kinda lost interest in drag racing. Surfing and later beach volleyball became my thing.

I'd always watched it on TV(usually in the background at a bar after a day on the beach, but it wasn't until '99 that I went to the track again. It was the March Meet that year and it all came back to me all at once; the sights, the sounds and the smells. However, the thing that really got me hooked in again was the people involved. Never had I been around such kind and generally caring group of people that has develop into genuine friendship. I'm talking about sharing soup recipes with Jess Tyree (RIP) in his trailer, or visiting Dale Pulde in the hospital when he was very sick, or giving Pat Dixon (Jr.'s mom) and Barbara Hogan a lift to their car on the other side of the parking lot because it's too far to walk. Having a laugh with Dave McClellan about thinks I don't remember, or Roland Leong walking up to me to say "Hi" and talking about a mutual friend of ours, or teasing "Ace" about some of his antics and he laughing along too, or having Steve Gibbs breakdown and cry in front of me shortly after losing Gordy (his wife of 60 years). These are the people who we idolized when we were young.

But you know what, I've been blessed to get to know many of these idols as regular human beings and can call them my friend. The cars are cool, but the best part of drag racing are the people you meet along the way and get to know. And remembering those that were their fiends that time has taken away from this world we live in. I don't mind giving a little back if it makes the world a better place. :)
Gino, what you wrote pulled at my heartstrings. I will never be anyone in drag racing, but the friends I have made, be it racers
fans and even NHRA officials in the last 53 years could fill a book. Since 1968 I have never missed one year without going to the
drags. I love this sport so much. I remember my Mom and Dad saying to me 40 plus years ago if they were on their death bed
and if there was a drag race that day they would have to prolong there death. We got a good laugh out of that. And most of the
people you talked about I have talked to a number times over the years. The "Ace" my all time favorite driver, being from the
Northwest I saw him race a ton of times. The late Ernie Hall what a super nice person and a true gentleman. I was at Pacific Raceway
that sad day in 1989. I better stop now, you no what they say big boys don't cry. Here are a couple of pictures.
1627358197076.png

My all time favorite car and driver ever in drag racing. The 1975 AA/FC of Ed "The Ace" McCulloch
1627358807086.png

Ernie Hall AA/FD at Seattle 1976. The gentleman in the the middle (blue jacket) Mike Fox another
super person to hang with.

Geno, your post reminded me of when the racers used to get there car body’s to the shop ( Bill Carter’s ) right after the world finals, we’d have closest dart takes the pot, different drivers trying to bribe me with t-shirts to put extra bondo on other guys cars, all in fun, golden years of my youth, I miss bill every day

Jim, don't be anybody but yourself. It's the act and passion that brings good people together and we need to cherrish those moments because they won't last.

Thanks for the story Mark. Some of the best stories are ones that didn't happen at the track during race weekend. Carter was another behind the scenes guy that contributed to the culture of the sport.

with regards to the term "Cacklefest," here is a note by Don Ewald on Facebookwho is invovled with the Nitro Revival.

"When Ron & I started cacklefest,com Steve was with the museum and good with the idea and the museum registered the name. Things went fine until the untimely departure of Gibbs. I still have control over the cacklefest.com website but that is fragile as NHRA could stop paying anytime. Steve is still credited there. So much drama. Back to the name changing, Nitro Revival says it all to me. I would not add the word Cackle to anything. Using it does not completely break the ties with NHRA. At this point I think we will have more cars and certainly more personalities than the CHRR will."

220918953_10223174119413685_2299915572550662706_n.jpg

I have heard so many racers say the most important thing about racing were the people you met & the friends you made. I consider it an honor to be able to post on Nitromater and be able to talk with my heros.

I have heard so many racers say the most important thing about racing were the people you met & the friends you made. I consider it an honor to be able to post on Nitromater and be able to talk with my heros.

As I sit at the Mexican restaurant right behind Pomona (thanks Eugene for recommending this place a few years ago) I am excited to see friends I only get to see once or twice a year. To me that's a big part of going to the races is the friendships made along the way as I think back to all the great people I've met at the races over the years.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back