TF Dragster Destroyed In An Instant - Leah Pruett, St. Louis (1 Viewer)

You remember how black and blue Brittany was after her crash...Leah is gonna beat that

leahstlouis1.png
leahstlouis3.png
leahstlouis2.png
leahstlouis4.png

What a cazy, crazy day so far. Just watched Capps and now Alexis pretty much destroy their FCs. Never seen so much carnage in one day before and it's nowhere near over yet.

She hopped out within 15 seconds of the car coming to a stop. I imagine she will be super sore tomorrow.
Thanks Zed.
That looked like Dixon’s wreck at Gainesville and Schumacher’s wreck at Memphis several years ago.

What an ugly day. What is going on with the track? They've run on colder tracks before but it seems like nobody other than fuel cars can get down it. Reminds me of the Phoenix race in 2010.

At this point I just hope for a safe and clean fuel finals since I would imagine no other cars run today.

Just got home from the race, I have been to a shit load of races, but I have never seen as much carnage as I saw today. Not sure what was going on with the low down force cars, but the wind was howling, my guess is the combination of wind and a 80 degree track had something do with it . Nearly every pro stock car had their foot out of the gas once they got past 1,000ft. We left after the top dragster crash since my kid has to go to school tomorrow, we watched the finals on NHRA tv on I-55. This was my first trip to Madison, even though the weather was less than ideal, I enjoyed myself and would certainly go back again.

The comment on the chute earlier in this thread is spot on. Without the chute straightening the car out and scrubbing speed, the hit into the wall would have likely been very ugly.

I'd love to hear the post mortem on this failure. You can see what appears to be one of the top bars breaking shortly before the other (the whole frame bends to the left first, then folds up). You've got to wonder if this chassis got loose upstairs in the hauler and bounced for a good while (to work harden the moly). You hear a lot of different strategies on supporting these long cars in the trailer. I know it looks like the big rigs run smooth, but if you ever put a live camera inside you know know the variations of the road come through, and the extra weight of a canopy car can't help. I wonder how many road miles and 1000 ft runs were on this front half.

I was also a little surprised at how quickly the wheelie bar let go. The downforce of that wing at speed makes that wheelie bar not stand a chance.

She sure was fortunately it didn't land flat. Leah seemed to be favoring her back pretty soon thereafter. When my wife cartwheeled one, I know she felt it way more 24 hours later than anything like after the first hour out of the car.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back