Texas Governor & Steve Torrence (1 Viewer)

stitcherbob

Nitro Member
That's pretty neat.
Since the car was sitting on its tires when the engine was fired, what precautions were done to ensure the car wouldn't roll when the engine was fired and then when Bobby Lagana whacked the throttle? Given that people were all around the car when it was fired, there's no doubt the team did something in order to prevent the car from moving.
Is it as simple as removing the coupler between the clutch and the rearend? Or, is there another way to ensure the clutch does not engage?

That's pretty neat.
Since the car was sitting on its tires when the engine was fired, what precautions were done to ensure the car wouldn't roll when the engine was fired and then when Bobby Lagana whacked the throttle? Given that people were all around the car when it was fired, there's no doubt the team did something in order to prevent the car from moving.
Is it as simple as removing the coupler between the clutch and the rearend? Or, is there another way to ensure the clutch does not engage?
I think they remove the coupler. I’m surprised they didn’t put it on jack stands.

Gov Abbott wouldn't have been able to step on a clutch so I'm guessing they removed the part or parts mentioned above in advance of this, and thus the car could sit low enough on it's tires for them to put him in the seat

That's pretty neat.
Normally the coupler is removed.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back