Team Kalitta Pre-Race Report - Gainesville (1 Viewer)

Crampton Shoots for Back-to-Back Wins at the 50th Gatornationals

Gainesville Highlights:
One win (2018); One No. 1 Qualifier (2016)

Last Event Recap (2019 Phoenix):
Qualified No. 15; First-Round Loss to Terry McMillen

2018 Gainesville Recap:
Qualified 10th; Race Event Winner - Defeated Doug Kalitta (Round 1), Mike Salinas (Round 2), Antron Brown (Semi-Finals) and Shawn Reed (Finals)
Quotable:
Crampton on Being Defending Champion: "It feels great to be going back to Gainesville as the defending champion. It’s going to be a really big race this year with the 50thanniversary. It’s going to be another big race so we’re going to go out there and try to win again."
Crampton on the Fan Turnout in Gainesville: "The fan support there is great. It’s like the east coast Winternationals. It always draws a huge crowd and the local support is terrific, but it also draws fans from all over. The east coast people have been waiting quite a while for drag racing to return. It’s going to be good to kick it off for them and we’re looking to contend for another title at a legendary race."

Career Stats:
105 starts; 88 round wins; 8 wins; 10 finals; 5 No.1 qualifiers

2019 Season:
Currently 10th in Points Standing

Noteworthy: A win at the 50th Gatornationals this weekend would make Crampton the only active Top Fuel driver to earn back to back wins in Gainesville; seventh driver in history.

2018 Funny Car Champion Todd Looking to Continue Momentum from Phoenix

Last Event Recap (2019 Phoenix):
Qualified fifth; Runner Up Finish - Defeated Terry Haddock (Round 1), Tommy Johnson, Jr. (Round 2), Robert Hight (Semi-Finals) and defeated by Matt Hagan after the DHL Toyota Camry experienced an unfortunate part failure (Finals)

2018 Gainesville Recap:
Qualified Eighth; Lost First Round - Defeated by Del Worsham

Quotable:
Todd on what it would mean to win the Gatornationals: "Having won the U.S. Nationals and the Winternationals, Gainesville is sort of the missing gem for me, especially now that we don’t go to Englishtown anymore. We consider all of those races major events, kind of like the PGA has. The Gatornationals is one I really want to add to the list. I’ve been going there for a long time. It’s kind of like the east coast version of the Winternationals. It’s always a packed house there and I expect it will be even more crowded this year (for the 50th anniversary.)"

Career Stats:
202 starts; 214 round wins; 17 wins; 30 finals; 10 No.1 qualifiers

2019 Season:
One Final Round Appearance; Currently Seventh in the Points Standing

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back