Tartaglia/Phillips Clip... (1 Viewer)

amanda Speed

Nitro Member
Does anyone have the clip from qualifying of what happened on the starting line between Steve Tartaglia ad Michael Phillips? My T.V. stopped recording because it went over...

Anyone???

I think I still have the Q show on my DVR. I will see if it is and I will save it if possible.

FWIW.... Michael's interview down at the turnaround was HILARIOUS!

Yeah, will do.

I don't recall seeing what happened on the start line, that said I wasn't paying a lot of attention though, as it was on in the background. The action at the bottom end got my attention.

Ill let you know.

I have yet to see phillips on TV when he wasn't either arguing with somebody or on the starting line trying to show up an opponent. Not impressed.

Tartaglia told him that he needed to start his bike, because he didn't want to be held up. At the end Phillips said that he knows how long every competitor takes and that his procedure is shorter, and didn't need anyone to talk to him like a child and tell him when he needs to get to the line. Something else about Tartaglia said some profanities to him at the finish line. I thought that we would have another throw down, but it never materialized!

Tartly told him that he needed to start his bike, because he didn't want to be held up. At the end Phillips said that he knows how long every competitor takes and that his procedure is shorter, and didn't need anyone to talk to him like a child and tell him when he needs to get to the line. Something else about Tartly said some profanities to him at the finish line. I thought that we would have another throw down, but it never materialized!

Is it still called a staging duel if both competitors are waiting for the other to start first? :)

I have yet to see phillips on TV when he wasn't either arguing with somebody or on the starting line trying to show up an opponent. Not impressed.

Come on now Mack... guys pretty impressive.. he's the John Force of PSB (on tv)........lol... he's fit in well around the carolina strips and round tracks...lol

Got to love a guy who shows up at a race with a pick-up and a couple ez-ups to race.. and goes rounds against the other big $$ teams....

Billy

Come on now Mack... guys pretty impressive.. he's the John Force of PSB (on tv)........lol... he's fit in well around the carolina strips and round tracks...lol

Got to love a guy who shows up at a race with a pick-up and a couple ez-ups to race.. and goes rounds against the other big $$ teams....

Billy
Not with Ya on this one Billy.:D A couple of races ago on the qualifying show, he was lined up against Hector Arana. They've got top bulbs on and he's looking at Arana and shaking his head. You know, the shake, like he'd be wagging his finger at him if his hands weren't busy. Then, Arana promptly goes out and hands him his ass. Might just be bad timing on the part of the TV folks, but somehow I doubt it. Haven't heard of Tartaglia getting into too many disagreements, so I sort of doubt he is the problem. Hector Arana is awful impressive to me right now in how he rides, how his stuff runs, and how he carries himself. First class guy. JMO.

What if....gonna look at this in a different direction. Phillips has gotten 10 seconds tv time over the last 10 years of struggling-he couldnt get any coverage unless he crashed. All of a sudden ESPN2 wants to turn the races into WWE Smackdown. "Scream or take a swing at someone in front of the camera-you'll get face time!" (ever been to a bike race? I've seen MUCH more crap talking on a regular basis) He got his 15 seconds he wouldn't have gotten-turned it into a (decent) Full Throttle commercial! Proved to potential sponsors he can pitch a product in the heat of the moment!
Genius! ;)

Not with Ya on this one Billy.:D A couple of races ago on the qualifying show, he was lined up against Hector Arana. They've got top bulbs on and he's looking at Arana and shaking his head.
I believe that was because he felt Arana was playing games by bumping in and out of the lights repeatedly.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back