T.V. Ratings for the Gatornationals (1 Viewer)

mgty3whlr

Nitro Member
Well The t.v. ratings don't look so good.

1601472068239.png

Maybe this is part of the reason why the NHRA is looking for a new major sponsor.
Numbers like that won't help racers find sponsors ether.

Jim Hill

The biggest takeaway for me regarding these numbers is only 11% of the viewers are in the coveted 18-49 demo. This ratio is by far the lowest on the entire list and gives a clear picture of the age demogrqphic for the NHRA. Im 38 and I love this sport, but the leaders need to really focus on any marketing scheme available to reach out to younger viewers. I feel that if they don't and just maintain the status quo then the sport will eventually dry up. I got into the NHRA by actually going to the winternationals 12 years ago and seeing it for myself, my direct/inditect family never followed it. I really think NHRA needs to reach out to younger and even middle aged people and create incentives to get them in the door.

To their credit the NHRA was up against NFL games on Fox and CBS which began an hour before the race. I don’t see anything that drew big ratings on FS1. Not fair to compare ratings with shows on network channels. That is a small rating though.

The biggest takeaway for me regarding these numbers is only 11% of the viewers are in the coveted 18-49 demo. This ratio is by far the lowest on the entire list and gives a clear picture of the age demogrqphic for the NHRA. Im 38 and I love this sport, but the leaders need to really focus on any marketing scheme available to reach out to younger viewers. I feel that if they don't and just maintain the status quo then the sport will eventually dry up. I got into the NHRA by actually going to the winternationals 12 years ago and seeing it for myself, my direct/inditect family never followed it. I really think NHRA needs to reach out to younger and even middle aged people and create incentives to get them in the door.

I'll never understand (As an older millenial) why the 18-49 demo is so "coveted" when everyone knows it's the over 50 crowd that typically has the most disposable income to spend.

As far as NHRA's ratings, it could be that most of the hardcore fans have stopped watching the TV broadcasts in favor of NHRA.tv. Less fluff pieces, you are able to see the sportsman cars live (Instead of having to wait a week) and you don't have to hear T. Ped. Win-Win.

BTW: No pictures from me for this year's event.... because me and pops decided to skip this one. Next year we'll be back.

I'll never understand (As an older millenial) why the 18-49 demo is so "coveted" when everyone knows it's the over 50 crowd that typically has the most disposable income to spend.
At a guess, I'd say because the behaviour of 18-49 year olds can more easily be changed, which is the intent of advertising and marketing. A 55 year old has their favorite soda rusted on or are aligned to a particular brand of car they like based on experience, whereas the 25 year old is malleable.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back