T.J. Schippling looking for another good run at Grand Bend Motorplex race (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Dragster driver ready for round two in NAPA Quick 32 Sportsman Series Tour

SHAKESPEARE, ONTARIO (June 25, 2009) – There’s going to be a few changes to the car, but Quick 32 Sportsman Series opener winner T.J. Schippling has made a lot of passes down the Grand Bend Motorplex quarter-mile, and is looking forward to competing in the first Quick 32 Sportsman Series presented by NAPA Auto Parts event to be held at the Grand Bend Motorplex.

“I’m pretty excited to be running this race,” said the driver of the Schippling Motorsports dragster. “I consider Grand Bend Motorplex my home track, and I’m anticipating a big field of cars.”

To be held June 27-28 at the Grand Bend Motorplex, this next event will be round two in the six-race series for 2009.

T.J. qualified eighth in his Undercover dragster during the season opener at Cayuga Dragway, and after three rounds of competition, went to the final round and eliminated Todd Hope of Norwich, Ontario.

The win gave T.J. the lead in the Championship Point Award Series Standings for 2009, a lead he hopes to maintain after round two at Grand Bend Motorplex this weekend.

“We’ve got what we call a ‘Quick 32’ setup with the car,” he mentioned. “There are some small differences to the setup, but overall we have a good game plan for the weekend. We have raced there many times, and we have lots of stats.”

Powered by a 565-cubic inch Steve Schmidt engine couple to a Powerglide transmission, the Lucas Oil/Dixie Chopper entry is crew chiefed by Dan Morgan. Other team members include car owner Thom Schippling and Deb Schippling.

The first of three qualifying sessions begins at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 27. Eliminations are set to begin at 11:30 a.m. on Sunday, June 28 at the Grand Bend Motorplex in Grand Bend, Ontario.

This weekend at the Grand Bend Motorplex will also feature the popular Can-Am Stock/Super Stock Series, the Grand Bend Motorplex Top Dragster and Top Sportsman Series, plus great racing action in the Thunder series and Junior programs.

For information about the Grand Bend Motorplex, call (519) 238-7223 or visit Canada's Premier Racing Facility

Attachments

• 062509.jpg
    062509.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 15
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back