T/D Div 4 race @ The Plex (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Looking at final Q for T/D. Bump was a pretty good 6.410, by Calif invader (heh) Marcus Walden. 32 car field. The first 30 cars were 6.29 and quicker. The first 19 Q were all at 6.19 or quicker. Pretty tight grouping, not quite heads up. Thought this was a good field considering how crazy this year has been. #1 Q is Steve McDermott at 6.104, out of Crowley, Texas. Have been watching on computer as much as I can. Today is final elim for 1st double header race. Sat & Sun will have the alky cars. I think I saw a few spectators in the stands. Man I wish I was there. We have a double header coming up at Wild Horse, but so far, no spectators allowed. Maybe that race will be carried on computer.

I don't know all of them, but I count at least 3 cars above 6.20 that are 6.10-capable (including one who DNQ'd). Gonna be really interesting to see how the fields at St. Louis next weekend compare.

Looking at final Q for T/D. Bump was a pretty good 6.410, by Calif invader (heh) Marcus Walden. 32 car field. The first 30 cars were 6.29 and quicker. The first 19 Q were all at 6.19 or quicker. Pretty tight grouping, not quite heads up. Thought this was a good field considering how crazy this year has been. #1 Q is Steve McDermott at 6.104, out of Crowley, Texas. Have been watching on computer as much as I can. Today is final elim for 1st double header race. Sat & Sun will have the alky cars. I think I saw a few spectators in the stands. Man I wish I was there. We have a double header coming up at Wild Horse, but so far, no spectators allowed. Maybe that race will be carried on computer.
I can not find where there will be alky cars there sat.-sun.--?

Mike, this is supposed to be a Regional as well, so alky cars supposed to run Sat & Sun only. Should be some killer times. :)

Hmmmm, I looked at NHRA & the Plex website, etc and I don't find anything about the alky cars. Thought I'd read that this race would have alky. Maybe I need more coffee.....

Last edited:
Mike, this is supposed to be a Regional as well, so alky cars supposed to run Sat & Sun only. Should be some killer times. :)
Dallas is not a regional. With Earville being one last weekend and SRCA being one next weekend, they wouldn't go back-to-back-to-back weeks in the same region.
Brad, are you running much this year? I look for your name in the midwest races.
No, we haven't been out at all. 2020 has been an absolute mess (for reasons that go beyond "normal" 2020 issues), so it's a throwaway year. We're going to the track tonight for a few test hits, and if it goes well, we'll be in St. Louis or Great Bend next weekend just to get something in this season. Hopefully next year will set up for us to make a real run at the division.

Thanks Brad. Now I'm less confused. HA Hope you do well at testing. Also hope 2021 will be back to normal, at least as much as possible.

Thanks Brad. Now I'm less confused. HA Hope you do well at testing. Also hope 2021 will be back to normal, at least as much as possible.
Thanks! I just want the thing to stay in one piece. I've made one 200' pass this year, and here was the result:
20200704_114651.jpg
And that's only one of the things that's gone wrong.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back