Steve Torrence getting like John Force and Larry Dixon back in the day. (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
Seems to me that Torrence is getting a sort of "invincibility factor" that Dixon and Force used to have. No matter who goes up against him, they either red light, smoke the tires, have a part failure causing the engine to quit or in some cases make a good run that might beat anyone else only to have Steve-O make an amazing run for the conditions. What's amazing is that Torrence buys all their stuff "off the shelf," almost nothing is made in house.

On the entry list for all the races this year they show Steve as AJPE 500, they show his dad as DSR.

A great point made on today's broadcast is their car makes full pulls over 90 % of the time which is an awesome number for a fuel car. That fzct alone has to make the car in the other lane do things they may not do against other opponents

What Torrence/Hogan/Lagana has been doing the last 2 years reminds me of what Schumacher/Alan Johnson did 10-15 years ago and just going out and breaking everyone's back. Like John mentioned they are so dominate it is forcing teams to try and rotate the earth against them and they end up stumbling

I obviously miss those Dixon days. I've always been a fan of King Cool (Prudhomme). Larry and Dicko did him well. The Torrence streak is starting to get boring. The other teams need to step up their game. It's not like Kalitta Motorsports, JFR and DSR haven't been trying. As far as JFR, I'm confused by the crew chiefs. I would have Corradi on Brit's car. Look what he did for Antron. However, I'm just an armchair crew chief, so what do I know. :confused:

and they're not stretching lifespan of parts. that 90% full pull stat comes with a price tag.......good for them though. they have the funding, brains, talent, and drive to make it happen.
even crew guys that come back every year helps a lot.......their streak will end, and salinas will do it.

I As far as JFR, I'm confused by the crew chiefs. I would have Corradi on Brit's car. Look what he did for Antron. However, I'm just an armchair crew chief, so what do I know. :confused:

I remember an interview where he said he only left Schumacher to try and win a funny car title before he retires.

What Torrence/Hogan/Lagana has been doing the last 2 years reminds me of what Schumacher/Alan Johnson did 10-15 years ago and just going out and breaking everyone's back. Like John mentioned they are so dominate it is forcing teams to try and rotate the earth against them and they end up stumbling

There are times they do rotate the earth though.... and Steve still beats them on a holeshot.

Capco boys have got to the point where they can use qualifying to experiment and go back to their regular stuff when it counts. You never know when the good times come to an end.

Capco boys have got to the point where they can use qualifying to experiment and go back to their regular stuff when it counts. You never know when the good times come to an end.

IMO when Daddy gets tired of writing checks.

As long as Daddy get to go for a ride, I don't think he will get tired of writing those checks.

Whether Billy ever gets tired of driving or not, after what Steve has been through, I doubt he'll ever get tired of writing the checks. Besides, I don't believe Billy started down this road with the intention of driving TF. Hey, they seem like a great family, they bring a lot to the sport, and yes their reign of terror will end at some point. But I look forward to seeing them in the sport for a long time.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back