Starting Line Stuff (1 Viewer)

Dennis

Nitro Member
Sorry if this is buried in another thread but I didn't see it.

I was watching the eliminations broadcast on Sunday and noticed there were metal barriers behind the starting line, preventing anyone from going in the middle of the two lanes. I was surprised at how much area was "roped off" - what is the reason for this?

Also noticed on one race there was a guy standing in between the cars, just a few feet behind the starting line, didn't seem like the safest place to be standing. Is this just due to the lack of a permanent starter keeping everything on par?

The wet weather didn't allow for the yellow paint to dry completely hence the bicycle fence.

The wet weather didn't allow for the yellow paint to dry completely hence the bicycle fence.

Is that also the reason the white paint was flying off the side barriers from parachutes hitting them? Not completely dried or bubbling up? Haven't seen that to that extent before.....anywhere.

Is that also the reason the white paint was flying off the side barriers from parachutes hitting them? Not completely dried or bubbling up? Haven't seen that to that extent before.....anywhere.
The dragstrip looks rough,bunch of cracks in it

Just flaking off when the chutes get really close to a wall. Fairly common.

Just flaking off when the chutes get really close to a wall. Fairly common.

Uhh....no. Been going to national events and watching national events since 1984 and I've never seen paint flake off the walls like that ever. Not to that extent.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back