Spokane...Drag Strip or Golf Course (1 Viewer)

No brainer. Good as gone.
You may be correct, but it doesn't appear quite that cut-and dried. I've attached a statement that was posted to the 'Spokane Raceway park - Memories' Facebook page
( https://www.facebook.com/groups/2658596727525999 ) by one of the tribal members who is also a racer. He paints a fairly optimistic picture of the track's future. Time will tell...

Attachments

• spokane-1.JPG
    spokane-1.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 49
  • spokane-2.JPG
    spokane-2.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 50
The lengthy post was encouraging. I've seen Tribal ownership isn't a bad thing in itself, the operation is everything. Renegade Raceway in Yakima, Washington is located on tribal land, but the facility is leased without tribal financial support by jetcar/NFC driver Derek Snelson. That track is continuing to grow and improvements made due to racers support from across the state. Of course it helps to have your own jetcar / nitro funnycar show inhouse - literally - to put some spectator butts in the seats for feature events.
Spokane can only hope the Kalispel Tribe follows through in the best long-term interest of racing, it sounds as though they are willing to address the looming financial issues, then could they get the right operations team? It's a huge multi-use facility. The success there would start with local racer support, and then MAYBE the glory of those packed house AHRA World Finals days could return.

" Of course it helps to have your own jetcar / nitro funnycar show inhouse - literally - to put some spectator butts in the seats for feature events."

Santa Pod Raceway in the UK has it's own top fuel car and a jet. Not sure what else they own. They will run their stuff even if it is an import event, really makes the show. I could never underastand why tracks in the US never did that.

The lengthy post was encouraging. I've seen Tribal ownership isn't a bad thing in itself, the operation is everything. Renegade Raceway in Yakima, Washington is located on tribal land, but the facility is leased without tribal financial support by jetcar/NFC driver Derek Snelson. That track is continuing to grow and improvements made due to racers support from across the state. Of course it helps to have your own jetcar / nitro funnycar show inhouse - literally - to put some spectator butts in the seats for feature events.
Spokane can only hope the Kalispel Tribe follows through in the best long-term interest of racing, it sounds as though they are willing to address the looming financial issues, then could they get the right operations team? It's a huge multi-use facility. The success there would start with local racer support, and then MAYBE the glory of those packed house AHRA World Finals days could return.

I think it depends on the tribe. I'm glad Wild Horse still exists but from what I hear, the tribe is money friendly, not racing friendly. Still, I hope the track stays open. Am looking forward to the Div 7 double header later this year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back