SpeedFreaks on ESPN2! (1 Viewer)

Kelly

Nitro Member
How cool for them!

To the Freak Nation Faithful… it is indeed a big weekend for SpeedFreaks!

SpeedFreaks move in (quite comfortably) to their new TV home

The Freaks’ radio show this Sunday night boasts ALL legends in the sport!

Be sure to catch SpeedFreaks ALL DAY on Sunday, September 10:

· TV on ESPN2 at 3 p.m. ET (Noon Pacific) featuring Fernando Alonso, Kasey Kahne & John Force

· Radio, Sunday night at 10 p.m. ET (7 p.m. PT) on many stations, Sirius & the Internet, featuring Boyd Coddington, Motorhead, the IndyCar Champ and Ricky Carmichael

**NO ONE does it as fun as the FREAKS!**

Copy of the press releases are below… thanks for supportin’ the Freak Nation!

1. SpeedFreaks Joins Forces With The Worldwide Leader In Sports

Guests this weekend include NASCAR’s Kasey Kahne, NHRA Champs John Force, Tony Schumacher & Angelle Sampey,Formula 1 Champ Fernando Alonso and MotoGP’s Nicky Hayden & Colin Edwards

Hollywood, CA (September 7, 2006) – The Radio and Television Motorsports Empire, SpeedFreaks announced today that ESPN2 will be the new home for their extremely successful television show. Kenny Sargent and The Pit Crew will kick things off with an hour special this Sunday afternoon at 3 p.m. EST with some of the biggest Freakin' names in motorsports.

"ESPN is very excited to add SpeedFreaks to the ESPN2 Family," says Frantz R. Cayo, Director of Motorsports Programming. "Their unique take on the world of motorsports and their reputation with the racing community will be a very nice complement to our overall motorsports strategy. We look forward to introducing Kenny Sargent, Lugg Nuttz, Crash Gladys, and Statt Mann Caruthers to all of our fans."

"What a great place for us to be at this point of SpeedFreaks growth," says the Freaks' Prez Kenny Sargent. "The group at ESPN2 has embraced SpeedFreaks' style from the beginning, and looking ahead at what's in store for 2007, the mothership has landed.” The Sarge continues, “Our radio show maintains it’s growth second to none, and now riding shotgun on ESPN2, motorsports will get more than it's share of the Freak Nation."

This SpeedFreaks Sunday special was shot from the Mopar Mile High Nationals at Bandimere Speedway and the Mopar Big Block Party in Golden, Colorado. Featured throughout the 60 minutes is NASCAR’s Kasey Kahne, Drifting’s Sam Hubinette, MotoGP’s Colin Edwards & Nicky Hayden, Injured Motocrosser Ernesto Fonseca and a slew from the NHRA paddock including John Force, Melanie Troxel, Tony Schumacher, Ron Capps, Richie Stevens, Angelle Sampey, Mike Ashley, Gene Wilson, Erica Enders and team owner Don Schumacher. Oh yeah, kicking off the show is none other than Formula One’s defending Champion, Fernando Alonso.

And, beginning February 2007, SpeedFreaks will hit the track full throttle on ESPN2 every Friday evening as part of the new motorsports weekend programming.

2. SpeedFreaks Will Bask In Legend Glory Sunday Night In The Lucas Oil Studios

Hollywood, CA (September 8, 2006) – The Freak Nation congregation will once again get a taste of SpeedFreaks’ ability to reel-in the Big Timers as legendary hot rod designer and builder, Boyd Coddington joins the heavy metal hell-raiser and cult-figure, Lemmy Kilmister of the band Motorhead. And yes, Lucas Oil Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer will be on hand if needed.

"Hot Rods and metal? Boyd and Lemmy? Please!" rants SpeedFreaks' Lugg Nuttz. "It's like beer and peanuts, fish and French Fries...or was that beer and fish or beer and... you get it, they both go together, Einstein."

"Lugg's not too far off for a guy who graduated kindergarten with honors," says Freaks' Kenny Sargent. "Boyd's Cadzilla, Boydster, Lead Zephyr are as original as Motorhead albums like ‘Ace of Spades’, ‘Overkill’ and ‘No Sleep 'til Hammersmith’. If the cars and riffs don't get your rocks rollin' then maybe you should just park it."

Coddington's Discovery Channel show American Hot Rod is one of the most popular for the network, and has worked with some heavyweights itself in music from ZZ Top to Van Halen. Motorhead has played some of the heaviest music ever leaving waste to those who try to mimic. The latest Motorhead album to lay down the lead is ‘Kiss Of Death’ and will be featured throughout Sunday night’s show.

Joining Coddington and Kilmister will be the 2006 IndyCar Champion and a fly by from 2006 Supercross-Motocross Champ Ricky Carmichael. There will also be some heated Freakin' discussion on who's in and who's out in the Chase for the Nextel Cup.

** To catch this legendary lineup, just tune in the Freaks on your Sunday night radio THIS Sunday night, September 10 @ 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT

** And DONT FORGET the Freaks new TV home & re-debut this Sunday afternoon, too! SpeedFreaks on ESPN2 Sunday September 10 @ 3 p.m. ET / Noon PT

... then replayed on ESPN2 Monday September 11 @ 2:30 a.m. ET

SpeedFreaks with Kenny Sargent , Lugg Nuttz, Statt Mann Caruthers and Crash Gladys, continues to own the title of the country's largest motorsports radio show.

In addition to the ESPN2 weekly TV show, they can be heard every Saturday and Sunday on the Freak Radio Network:

SpeedFreaks Sunday Radio Show: 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT

SpeedFreaks Saturday Radio Show: 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT

(check local listings)

Only took me about 10 seconds of the opening sequence to change the channel - came on right after the Sportsman show from Indy and tak about going from great stuff to the dregs...!! Sorry, folks, don't care for their act and never have. They would fit in well with the disrespectful side of the old 'mater.

Only took me about 10 seconds of the opening sequence to change the channel - came on right after the Sportsman show from Indy and talk about going from great stuff to the dregs...!! Sorry, folks, don't care for their act and never have. They would fit in well with the disrespectful side of the old 'mater.

I AGREE Only thing missing was baggy pants hanging down around their arse.... 4-5 earings... and a tattoo on one of their necks...

One of em did have his hat on a 45 deg side angle with the stiff brim... :)

Only took me about 10 seconds of the opening sequence to change the channel - came on right after the Sportsman show from Indy and tak about going from great stuff to the dregs...!! Sorry, folks, don't care for their act and never have. They would fit in well with the disrespectful side of the old 'mater.
well larry i gave it about 10 minutes and found myself serching the menu for something else also?
i really thought it was going to be good but i was WRONG:eek:

Not to mention the tape delay is severely delayed.Took me about 5 minuets.I didn't care for it on the speed channel either.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back