Sorry Gordie, No 340.... (1 Viewer)

Is this what Alan Johnson was testing on Salinas’ car?
Any word on how much the blower opening size is being reduced?

IMO the mathematical possibility is still in play. RPM X gear ratio X tire size, as long as it is possible crew chiefs will figure out how to make the power to get there.
NHRA needs to change one of the "mechanical" limits so it becomes impossible to do.

They are paid to flirt on and possibly sneak past the firm line of rules. Something needs to be done if the NHRA wants to restrict in a way that just cannot be hacked around and passed.

One rule at a time will do I-less overdrive-smaller blower -less percentage - wing load -tire size- timing map No one that has a racecar that has a tune up want anything to change they all have a comfortable tune up they don't want to give away-no one wants to learn how to go fast again make rule changes and all will learn to adapt-NHRA has to quit listening to that wont work

I would not be surprised if the insurance companies were the ones pulling the strings here.....
Isnt at your own risk? I know when i race i have to sign this and that saying i cant sue etc. Your going over 300 mph,things happen. Unless its a goodyear thing about making safe tires??

I would not be surprised if the insurance companies were the ones pulling the strings here.....
Isnt at your own risk? I know when i race i have to sign this and that saying i cant sue etc. Your going over 300 mph,things happen. Unless its a goodyear thing about making safe tires??

I believe it is Goodyear, they test tires at Wright Patterson AFB landing gear test facility. They can spin them under load until they fail. They were there with JFR after Medlens crash. It is crazy the facility sounds an alarm then you hear this whine of the machine spinning the tire up tp speed then KABOOM the thing explodes inside this cage. IIRC the machine was built in the 40's to test aircraft tires under load simulating a landing. There is also a drop box that falls and compresses the landing gear and see if it fails. I worked out there as a contractor for a while updating some of the equipment to make it safer..

The solution is simple, drop the cubic-inches to 400. All the teams would have to do is buy new sleeves & pistons.

The least expensive fix and one that would be easy to check in tech...reduce the I.D. of the fuel line from the tank to the pump by 25%.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back