SoCal drag racing in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (1 Viewer)

rpasley

Nitro Member
Saw the great new Tarantino movie last night, set in a very period-correct 1969 LA, and there were a number of subtle drag racing references in it that anyone here would likely smile at. Brad Pitt's character Cliff lives in a pitiful trailer in a dusty lot next to the Van Nuys Drive-In and inside he's got at least one magazine photo of Charlie Allen's funny car pinned to his wall...there may be another picture right next to it but it's a brief glimpse, so I wasn't sure. Later on, he's wearing a classic Lions Drag Strip t-shirt in a number of scenes. Finally...there are tons of very well researched music, tv, and radio audio memes throughout and I think one of them, heard in the background while Cliff is driving with Rick (Leo DiCaprio), was a radio ad for a drag strip...again, it was quick and just a background element. I didn't grow up in SoCal, but I'll bet those who did would recognize the ad in a heartbeat. Love to know if I'm right on that one, and which track it was for (my guess would be Lions)....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back