Situational Awareness (1 Viewer)

If there is something positive about that series of events its that McIntire got out of it early and wasn't next to Force when he X the centerline. Regardless, the run was DQed and I'm certain that wont't happen again with that team.

The Fox broadcast showed the guy trying to pin the wheelie bar getting in the face of another crew member right after that. It got really heated. I bet things were still brewing when they got back to their pit.

More than likely, the guy getting yelled at should have been standing behind the car with his hand up so Aaron would know they were still working on wheelie bar..........

More than likely, the guy getting yelled at should have been standing behind the car with his hand up so Aaron would know they were still working on wheelie bar..........
We did the same thing against Force in '95 at Topeka on a night qualifier. I put Beal in the lights and when I came around the car a crew member had his hands on the wheelie bar. I dropped my shoulder and knocked him away just before the car took off. Austin Coil said he was afraid to look, he thought the guy was going to lose his arm. We caught up with Force's crew at the hotel bar later that night and bought them a round. It was good for a laugh but Coil was right, it could have been ugly.

and I'm certain that wont't happen again with that team.
I am sure that once they talked it out all was good, at least I hope so.
There are improvements to be made in a couple of areas, and communication is essential.
I have screwed up in a similar fashion before, and it did not happen again.
It was a tough learning experience, and the main thing is to use that experience...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back