Shut up and race !!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

baxter

Nitro Member
John force only did what every other multi-car team would have done to get all 4 cars in the showdown !!!!!! every team with more than 1 car have done the same thing !!!!!! cruz laid down for tony in vegas 07 and that was for the championship not 10 th place in the countdown . 6 races to go may the fastest car win !!!!!!!

Results for Elimination Round 3
LAS VEGAS - SUMMIT FastNews - Results of round 3 eliminations in Funny Car at the NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series, Seventh annual ACDelco Las Vegas NHRA Nationals:

W/L Driver R-Time E-Time Speed

(W) Tony Pedregon (Q Power Impala) 0.080 4.912 316.08
(L) Cruz Pedregon (Advance Auto Parts Impala) 0.127 8.481 106.37

3:33 p.m. Weather conditions: air temperature 90 degrees, relative humidity 11 percent, barometer 29.81 inches, adjusted altitude 2,291 feet, track temperature 109 degrees.

Tony has beaten Cruz twenty times in the twenty nine times they've faced each other in eliminations. Cruz struck the tires at about 300 feet. He pedaled it, and he was up in smoke again before half track.

If this was ever allowed to happen, it would only make things worse. NHRA would have to go and try to rewrite history, and try to un-do any dives that may have taken place over the years.

I don't even want to watch the next race because ESPN is going to replay the incident over & over again & Z Max is probably going to try to get publicity mileage out of it.

That's right...

And, it's because drag racing has ceased to be a sport (Porfrsssional drag racing, at least), and has become just show business... with the accent on "business."

What a shame...

Bill

and the absolute worst part of this whole thing is those blockheads in Glendora are probably all patting themselves on the back congratulating each other for all the "interest" the Clowndown created :mad::mad::mad:

John force only did what every other multi-car team would have done to get all 4 cars in the showdown !!!!!! every team with more than 1 car have done the same thing !!!!!! cruz laid down for tony in vegas 07 and that was for the championship not 10 th place in the countdown . 6 races to go may the fastest car win !!!!!!!

What he said

STFU and race....jeez.

This is one reason why NHRA drag racing is not taken very seriously, and this is precisely why NBA, MLB, and NFL forbid one owner from having two entities in a league. It boils down to professionalism and integrity of the sport (I will acknowledge that these other sports have their own integrity problems, but I'm only addressing the multi-team owner situation). And NHRA lacks both because of the multi-team owners. It becomes a catch-22 when you consider that without the multi-team owners NHRA can't fill a field. I certainly am glad I didn't pay a lot of money to see a non-race.

BTW: between 'Drew and Eddie sandbagging and dives in Funny Car, aren't we all glad that the "Pro's" are so much more fun to watch than the sportsman classes because they actually race???

Unfortunately diving is also a problem in the sportsman classes.

I'll acknowledge that as well. I've seen it before. But it isn't as obvious nor paraded on national TV. And you also won't see me complaining about the lack of respect from ESPN. The point is when it becomes blatantly obvious that the outcomes are predetermined (as much as people "respect" Connie K. for admitting it) and when owners admit to diving, it's no surprise that ESPN gives NHRA the treatment.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back