Short TF Field? (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
After the 1st round, it looks like only 15 cars have made runs in TF. Not sure if Todd Paton is there or not. We've come close with 16 cars showing for a couple of events so far.

I also noticed in the results that JR's car is listed as 'Lucas Oil Dragster' instead of the 'Torco/Seelye Wright' as shown on the entry list. Anyone know if all the Torco livery is gone from the car, hauler, etc.?

I also noticed in the results that JR's car is listed as 'Lucas Oil Dragster' instead of the 'Torco/Seelye Wright' as shown on the entry list. Anyone know if all the Torco livery is gone from the car, hauler, etc.?

On drag race central top fuel notes it said the name on the car said Lucas and the crew will have different uniforms tomorrow as well. No mention about the transport or tow vehicle in the notes though.

After the 1st round, it looks like only 15 cars have made runs in TF. Not sure if Todd Paton is there or not. We've come close with 16 cars showing for a couple of events so far.

jr car say octane booster on it. just back from track only 15 tf cars. i just got done painting patons old house in bluff city.. didnt see him around

My question is, will the NHRA shrug off only having 15 cars, or are they making phone calls to any top fuel team within 12 hours drive with an "incentive" to show up?

My question is, will the NHRA shrug off only having 15 cars, or are they making phone calls to any top fuel team within 12 hours drive with an "incentive" to show up?

Well . . . we have 13 cars that appear to have solid sponsorship. It will be interesting to see if Torco is gone on JR's car and if Tuttle's energy drink sponsor makes it through the rest of the season. The new Mobil 1 TF team could have a huge opportunity to qualify while learning how to race in the pro ranks. This is going to be very interesting!

My question is, will the NHRA shrug off only having 15 cars

Ha, ha, ha...

Shrug off? Heck, based on the "Friday Recap", they won't even acknowledge the fact. NHRA's PR/Media people posted this...

Larry Dixon holds down the important No. 12 spot with a 4.648 in Don Prudhomme U.S. Smokeless rail.

"the important No. 12 spot" ???

It's only "important" if 17 cars bother to show up for the event.

I bet Larry and the Snake were pacing nervously going into the 2nd session, worrying about the possibility missing Sunday's eliminations. :rolleyes:

Todd Paton is here, he just didn't run yesterday,

Alan

This is a great opportunity for Todd to get experience racing NHRA T/F, it sad they can get 20+ cars for F/C but can't fill T/F. It makes you wonder how much longer Gary D. and other small teams are going to make it before they have to park. Hopefully this fuel problem will be corrected before it has a major impact on this great sport. Alan, you think NHRA is listening, maybe some incentive to help with fuel cost:rolleyes: it would help.

Someone like Jim Head should go back and run TF again, although with the performance he showed yesterday he probably enjoys being a thorn in the side of the bigger money teams who DNQ.

With so few full time touring TF teams I'm surprised a few FC teams haven't jumped over.

I don't think one race will be a big deal. Now if its a regular or even semi regular occurance then its a problem. Maybe this is something IMG will be able to help with

Wait til Denver,they always had small fields.Does anyone remember Brandon Bernstein qualifing #1 and having a first round bye then he bangs the blower on the burnout and still loses.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back