Shav Glick Passes (1 Viewer)

Jackee,

It was a typo....he passed away about 1 am this morning.

He will be missed as he was one of the country's top motorsports journalists and he truly liked drag racing and its people.

MaC

I used to really enjoy Shavs writeups in the LA Times during the Winternationals and Finals. He will be missed and hopefully NHRA will have some sort of tribute for him at the upcoming Finals.

Shav not only was a force in keeping motorsports, and in particular, drag racing, in the forefront of a major metroplitan American city in a highly respected publication, but he also was a great friend to many of our drag racing heroes, and he will be sorely missed... Godspeed

I always enjoy reading his articles the week before the Pomona races. He was a definite supporter of motorsports, especially NHRA. He will be missed.

I have every POMONA SHAV GLICK ARTICLE SAVED FROM WHEN I WAS GROWING UP IN SO CAL! That's how much on an AWESOME Writer he was, and how much I appreciated his Support of our Sport! He will be missed. Rest in Peace Mr. Glick. You did a great service for us Drag Racers! :cool:

Drag racing has lost another friend, but his legacy lives on in the Pomona media center. He was a true friend to many of the pioneers and his well-crafted articles played a major role in popularizing our sport, nationally as well as in the Southern California area. His picture hangs where it overlooks the FastNews work area at Pomona, so we'll always have Shav looking over our shoulder while we work.

Godspeed, Shav, you have always been one of my heroes.

Back in the 90's I always saw a Photo of some scary incident from Pomona on the Front page of the L.A. Times! You have to know Shav had a hand in that, guess it's safe to say that Drag racing coverage in the Times will dissappear now that Shav's gone!:confused:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back