Scotty Cannon in TF? (1 Viewer)

Drake Simmons

Nitro Member
That is what Torco Racing Fuels CompetitionPlus.com says. What are your opinions about it? Scotty seems like a great guy and I do remember when he made a 331 mph pass @ Norwalk's "Night Under Fire" in his old Oakley Fuel Funny Car.

Last edited:
Take the opportunity to meet Scotty in person before you formulate your opinion. That's all it should take.
He's very good for this sport in a large number of ways. He's a proven Pro Mod champion, he's a qualified chassis builder, he's quite an innovator, one heck of a driver, and among dozens of other outstanding qualities, he's a very nice person. He treats my family like life-long friends after meeting both him and Jim Jannard shortly after teaming up with his first Funny Car.
As far as driving a T/F dragster, I think he'll adapt well.

How can this be bad?

Well I don't really know much about Scotty since I was on a bit of a drag racing hiatus for most of his career. However, I was impressed with him in Pro Mod this year. I've heard some things about him being "difficult" but really have no idea. Therefore, I'm taking the view that this is great news for IHRA Top Fuel - especially if as rumoured, Millican leaves to go NHRA full-time.

Love him or hate him, Clay has been "the guy" in IHRA for the past few years and him leaving will create as big a void as Michael Schumacher leaving F1. It will be fantastic to have another top-rank, well-financed team with a well-known driver in the class. But I'll still be cheering for Foley.

I have to agree with Doc, Scotty is great all the way around. I would rather see him racing in the NHRA full time, but I am glad he is back in any capacity. The drag racing world is just less interesting without him in the seat.

I guess this is the same car that Terry McMillen was supposed to drive this year......

I guess this is the same car that Terry McMillen was supposed to drive this year......

Hey Pete:

Here's what I know -

Terry and Evan are very close friends. Anything that Scotty and Evan have planned is great, but it doesn't effect Terry in anyway.

As an update to Terry:

Terry made about 4 competitive laps in Evan's car last year. It's a great car. Terry was very thankful for the opportunity and trust that Evan gave to him.

During testing last off season, Terry ended up with a problem in one of his eyes (you may recall the sun glasses at the IHRA Banquet). Now, I'm not a doctor, don't play one on TV and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn, but I can tell you the disease left the vision in that eye less than he was comfortable with in a TFD. So, he stuck to A/FC where he has 100's if not 1,000's of laps. Hell, he often joked about driving the A/FC with his eyes closed anyway.

Short story, getting long - Terry just got done with a cornea transplant. It's healing well and his vision is improving daily. If things continue the way that they are right now, Terry will be driving something that burns Nitro when San Antonio rolls around.

As for Evan and Scotty, I don't have any inside scoop, but we all know that Scotty is one hell of a driver and a great personality for the sport. If you put that together with Evan who doesn't do anything unless it's top notch and first class and you'll have a team that a lot of people are going to have to deal with.

Oh yeah, don't count out Foley, Lewis and Millican, Lagana, Litton and company. I say IHRA Top Fuel is going to be better than ever in 2007.

Last edited:
Terry had a eye problem that concerned all of us he is a good driver and a great employee of mine and if something comes up i will have and be a part of his decisions. Thanks Evan.

Oh yeah, don't count out Foley, Lewis and Millican, Lagana, Litton and company. I say IHRA Top Fuel is going to be better than ever in 2007.
Come on Jim...show us some love. I'd put our hot rod up against any of those guys and they better bring their A-game.

Hello Evan!

My Bad

Come on Jim...show us some love. I'd put our hot rod up against any of those guys and they better bring their A-game.

Hello Evan!

I knew as soon as I started naming names I was asking for trouble. Love to Zizzo and company - finished 6th in points - made 7 of 11 IHRA races - nice showing

Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Mod, or whatever, I am just glad to see Scotty back behind the wheel of a race car. I used to love his top end interviews with Bret Kepner during his pro mod days. I can't wait to hear a little smack talking next year.

Tony, do you guys plan on running the full series next year. I would love to see the Zizzo team compete for the championship. It should be a great year.

Tony, do you guys plan on running the full series next year. I would love to see the Zizzo team compete for the championship. It should be a great year.
We would like to, it just depends on funding.

We feel like we have a team/car that is capable of winning the IHRA championship. Our team has been together since 2003 and if you look at our performances at Milan, Martin and Budd's Creek. I would say we were the team to beat. We struggled a bit at Rockingham, but they were things that were a bit out of our control.

with Cannon Jr in the Pro MOd again this year .. and Cannon Sr in the TF ride.. sound bites are going to be great.....

Billy

I've been a big Scotty fan for years and everyone knows what a competator he is reguardless of the class.

One month till San Antonio !
I'll have to red eye but I'll be there with one of my old friends or maybe a couple or three.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back