sanyo, walmart and nhra drag racing (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
Well well, many of us complain at the lack of product placement involving drag racing so I though that I would share this.

Walking throuhg walmart today, my daughter runs up and says daddy close your eyes, she grabs me by the hand and leads me away. Finally she tells me to open them and there I stand in in front of a 52" Sanyo TV with a picture of Ashley Force's car as well as a picture of her on it. (no Mike M that doesn't mean that she's in the box..at least that what my wife said but I peeked inside anyway just to be sure:D)

Anyway I know thats some of the type of visibility that I've been begging for, I was glad to see it and thought that I would pass it on

They had them here at Wally world early in the year.....

First time i saw it i thought cool.... then laughed my butt off at a kid asking .. .. does she race NASCAR daddy?.....lol...

Billy

I happen to run across that as well in the local Melville Wal Mart. I'm not sure if any of you saw it about a month ago, (actually it was the Monday after Black Friday), on the front page of USA Today, there was a picture of the mad house scene at a local retailer for the busy shopping day, and right there in the picture, they were grabbing stacks of SANYO TV's and there was the new Mrs. Hood and her Castrol car prominently displayed on the box front. Very clear picture and good exposure, not only for her but the entire sport. This sport needs alot more branding and product support like this to continue to grow.

Cody,

Thank you for your support of the sport.! That really is what its going to take to continue the growth and grab the corporations attention and marketing budgets.

If you ever get the opportunity to let Sanyo know thats why you bought the TV, please do. It works!!

Saw these at my local Wal Mart as well...in the center of the aisle even! :D

Also was at Big Lots today looking for a Christmas gift..something to do with cars. Well I come across several NHRA die casts as well as some minature cars with cards in with them. I made sure to buy one of each of everyone they had...think I got Tony P, Ron Capps, Tony Bartone, Clay Millican, and a few others. Got the larger diecasts for $10 and the little ones for $2...I was just shocked that I could pick these up somewhere other than the nitromall or little shops near the tracks. Made my day...and got myself a few presents along the way! ;)

Hey thanx for that heads-up Mikaela!
I purchased a 1:24 scale BRUT funny car die-cast at Walmart a couple years ago. It was $15 bux.

I went looking for one at a local WM last night with the hope that they would still have them.

Holy hell was it a cesspool of humanity.

The place smelled bad, the kids were running wild, the shelves were disasters, there were drinks and food spilled all over the floors.
I walked in, but I ran out. I frickin hate WM and have only been 3 times.

Gonna try to find one of those Big lots. Thanx again. :)
*Edit: Went to 2 Big lots, they did not have anything NHRA.

Last edited:
Saw these at my local Wal Mart as well...in the center of the aisle even! :D

Also was at Big Lots today looking for a Christmas gift..something to do with cars. Well I come across several NHRA die casts as well as some minature cars with cards in with them. I made sure to buy one of each of everyone they had...think I got Tony P, Ron Capps, Tony Bartone, Clay Millican, and a few others. Got the larger diecasts for $10 and the little ones for $2...I was just shocked that I could pick these up somewhere other than the nitromall or little shops near the tracks. Made my day...and got myself a few presents along the way! ;)

I think I'll be running by our big lots to see if they have any

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back