Salinas sitting out 2020 (1 Viewer)

The already revised schedule has been changing several times.

For a West Coast Team, the uncertainty of the schedule, health risks, round trip expenses for several cars, etc. is a huge factor in deciding to wait !

I skipped Maple grove last year because I was still recovering from my hospital stint and walking was still hard. I looked on the web for the parking situation and found that it was completely changed there and far from the track. I decided to go to the AACA Hershey show instead, where I was able to work on my stamina at a smaller event. I would do the Grove in 2020.....or so I thought.

Who would have thought this year we all would be missing races that we planned to be at. Maybe the year is lost and we just deal with next year. There's no good way to choose a champion, the purses are lowered, some big names aren't running....definitely an asterisk year.

My local car show weekend event had their posters ready for Labor Day weekend. When I saw it I said the gorilla on it needs a mask....and they changed the artwork! Love that he's punching the virus!
I was all pumped to be there but, alas, the NJ rules have changed and it is now cancelled until next year...

Attachments

• gorilla.png
    gorilla.png
    788.9 KB · Views: 32
  • gorilla2.png
    gorilla2.png
    662.6 KB · Views: 34
The already revised schedule has been changing several times.

For a West Coast Team, the uncertainty of the schedule, health risks, round trip expenses for several cars, etc. is a huge factor in deciding to wait !
When did he move the team back to the West Coast?

Eugene, where was he based before - Brownsburg? Wonder what kind of contract he has with Alan Johnson. I don't see Alan picking up garbage or porta potties.

Eugene, where was he based before - Brownsburg? Wonder what kind of contract he has with Alan Johnson. I don't see Alan picking up garbage or porta potties.
They were working out of Cruzers shop in Brownsburg. But, I don't know if they stayed there after Alan took over. I haven't been in Cruzers shop in a few years.

Big John Mazmanian had a trash business and that is what supported all the race cars. Class act, cars always candy apple red, could run with anybody. I've had a chance to tour the waste stations here in Phoenix & it's amazing how they sort trash VS recycle. Waste Mgt sponsors a big golf Open here; lotsa $$$. Wish someone could get them to sponsor a drag car or event.

The team is still in Brownsburg, but in order to keep the team together and employed he's been bring them out to CA at two weeks at a time to work in the yard or out driving trucks. There's plenty of work for everyone.

Mike obviously loves drag racing but he does not need it to survive. He is a highly successful and multi faceted business man with his life and priorities in good order. What other racer still has had the ability to keep all of their crew people gainfully employed throughout this pandemic?

Big John Mazmanian had a trash business and that is what supported all the race cars. Class act, cars always candy apple red, could run with anybody. I've had a chance to tour the waste stations here in Phoenix & it's amazing how they sort trash VS recycle. Waste Mgt sponsors a big golf Open here; lotsa $$$. Wish someone could get them to sponsor a drag car or event.

At one time Waste Management sponsored the "Preditor" N/FC driven by "Nitro' Jim Holtz when he use to work for them as a sales rep. This is from 2006 and the car was later painted silver with purple lettering. It was a runner for the time it was out and Jim is a very good driver.

Preditor.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back