Rumor (1 Viewer)

Notch1320

BerserkoBob
Nitro Member
Don't know if it's true or not but I've heard that NHRA will cancel (not postpone) the next three races on the schedule, Vegas, Houston & Charlotte. If it's true I hope the NHRA does the right thing and give everyone advance notice, unlike what they did at Gainesville with a last minute cancellation that screwed a whole lot of racers and fans.

it was a great choice, and thank goodness the governor made it. from 3/1 to 3/15 the cases in FL went from zero - 150+. the nhra, or any other sport or entertainment gathering
certainly does not need to exacerbate the spread. it is not the nhra's fault for not calling the gators prior to the gov., this is unchartered territory and uncertain times happening at
lightning fast speed. thank goodness, for the public's safety, there are folks in healthcare able to make these decisions quickly and advise gov't. to react appropriately.

how bad could a NHRA event exacerbate this virus when we hear so many complaints that the stands are usually empty? 🤔

If this thing gets pushed back long enough which looks more and more likely every day there are not going to be enough open dates to plug in the affected races without running like three straight months in the summer so the tracks like Vegas and Charlotte might just outright cancel the first race, same with Houston since you have another race in the state a couple of hours away in the fall. I still think the Gators will happen but could that be pushed into the countdown unless this all gets resolved in May and then you can run it between Atlanta and Richmond.

If this thing gets pushed back long enough which looks more and more likely every day there are not going to be enough open dates to plug in the affected races without running like three straight months in the summer so the tracks like Vegas and Charlotte might just outright cancel the first race, same with Houston since you have another race in the state a couple of hours away in the fall. I still think the Gators will happen but could that be pushed into the countdown unless this all gets resolved in May and then you can run it between Atlanta and Richmond.

Gators football in the fall?

If NHRA can run the last 6 races, they can still have a championship "season". All the champs would have an * after their name, "shot season champion". Watched news conference w/ President & they said may be Jul - Aug before things get back to normal. Hope it's sooner.

As the situation changes every day I wouldn't expect NHRA (or any other racing series) to be holding races until the end of May at the earliest. NHRA should let people know not to travel to Houston now and not cancel the race last minute as they did at Gainesville.

Hope I am wrong but I think they are going to have to cancel even more events in the coming months.
The hope was by shutting things down and getting out in front of this corona virus it might slow it down and only time will tell if this was enough or not.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

I think it was a good choice to postpone the Gators, if they have to cancel a couple events I think the first to go should be places where they race twice a year. Hope everyone stays safe and healthy.

As the situation changes every day I wouldn't expect NHRA (or any other racing series) to be holding races until the end of May at the earliest. NHRA should let people know not to travel to Houston now and not cancel the race last minute as they did at Gainesville.
The Florida governor, not the NHRA, made the call to cancel not only the Gators, but other major events as well. Yes, it happened after the Sportsman racers, and many fans, arrived. In perfect 20/20 hindsight, NHRA should have made the call on their own earlier in the week. But, I doubt anybody in the Florida legislature was concerned about the NHRA, and nobody thought to give NHRA a heads up.
Besides, who knew this pandemic was going to explode the way it has?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back