Rule Changes You Want To See in 2020 (1 Viewer)

I was hoping for some rule changes making the Blown Alcohol Dragsters more competitive with the A/FD dragsters. This year the A/FD cars have picked up a 10th across the board. Cowie had the quickest blown car all year, but he was still .05 slower than the top A/FD cars. It was heartbreaking watching him run on the edge all season and doing all he could to win the championship. But running that hard resulted in a lot of aborted runs, some early round losses and in the end, loss of his points lead . The big thing is that there are less and less blown cars and I will hate to see them disappear !
Alan had said awhile back that because a blown car had won the championship the last few years, changes were unlikely. But I still had hope. Then... Severerance runs a 5.12 ! Unreal run that may ultimately end any hope of rule adjustments to help the blown cars. Time will tell.

Pretty sure he had some success tuning A/Fuel cars for the Fricke/Finke team several years back, that may need to be fact checked, lol. Also, he and Bartone were terrors with the Nostalgia AA/FD for a few seasons when Tony was still driving.

Pretty sure he had some success tuning A/Fuel cars for the Fricke/Finke team several years back, that may need to be fact checked, lol. Also, he and Bartone were terrors with the Nostalgia AA/FD for a few seasons when Tony was still driving.
Boggs did run a A-fuel car with Tony Batone driving and they were unbeatable

Boggs won the championship with Mitch Myers in '05 I believe when T-Bone went big show racing.

I want to see the Pro Stock engine rules open up(yeah I know it won't happen) so you don't have to run a Chevy in a Mustang. I can't remember the driver but that Mustang with the Cobra on top was amazing until I heard it had a Chevy in it and threw up a little in my mouth.

I want to see the Pro Stock engine rules open up(yeah I know it won't happen) so you don't have to run a Chevy in a Mustang. I can't remember the driver but that Mustang with the Cobra on top was amazing until I heard it had a Chevy in it and threw up a little in my mouth.
Maybe adjust the rev limiter for the dodge guys

You don't have to run a chevy in a Mustang....but now you are allowed. There are approximately 642,000 competitive Chevy motors out there for every ONE competitive Ford...there literally is no reason not to run a Chevy/GM motor, unless you pull a rabbit out of your hat and find a competitive Ford motor. It's just slow Funny Cars at this point, all the same motor, bodies that vaguely resemble something that looks kinda like a real car.

Neither Ford or Mopar have an active Pro Stock support program. GM is still supporting it. It's not the rules it's the manufacturers.

By far, the elimination of the automatic shut down/parachute ejection.....
You must not have saw Del Worsham go end over end past the sand in Pomona when he banged the blower in the lights, and it raised the body up so the chute handle was out of reach.

You must not have saw Del Worsham go end over end past the sand in Pomona when he banged the blower in the lights, and it raised the body up so the chute handle was out of reach.

I did....and I was at E-Town when Johnny West was unconscious riding the guardrail down to an eerily similar crash to Scott Kallitta's. But I'll bet Dougie doesn't want to lose another championship chance over an electronic failure. If he banged the blower on the burnout, so be it, but not like what happened Sunday

I'm tired of seeing these things fail on the starting line. The crewchiefs can make these things go 338mph, let's see if they can fix this over the winter...or make parachutes easily changed on the starting line with quick disconnects and an extra set of packs ready in the chase car

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back