Rule Changes You Want To See in 2020 (1 Viewer)

Hey nowadays the best anti-theft system you can get on your car is a manual transmission....most young-uns don't know how to operate one.

What have we become..............?
I saw one of these shirts at this year’s Gators. It was one of those “why didn’t I think of that?” moments.
1573611493457.jpeg

Some type of concession (weight breaketc.) :for folks who run a classic style body in pro mod. Love the class but miss the diversity of body styles that existed in the past. Btimg on the 53 Studes!

I saw one of these shirts at this year’s Gators. It was one of those “why didn’t I think of that?” moments.
View attachment 5642

When I was driving my first time to high school, it was my Dad's 1965 Chevy 3/4 ton 6cyl 3 on the tree.....and the school was on a steep hill.....talk about sweating bullets:oops:
Then recently my co-worker (10 yrs my senior) told me he got a 66 GTO with a 4 speed for his first car and his dad had to drive it home. Then, after it was registered, he left for school and his mom said "how are you going to drive that car to school...you can't drive shift!"
He said "I gonna learn on the way!" And he did!

There are folks here currently racing who may be able to chime in, but I don’t think there are many TD racers wanting to run a clutch. At that point they’d probably try TAD. But, I could be way off.
You are quite correct. TD is a bracket class. Trying to turn it into a slow version of TAD will kill it. I know I'm done with it if these are implemented (but fortunately, they never will be).

Edit: For some reason, I had it in my head that the suggestion was to mandate clutches, not simply allow them. In that sense, I agree. They were banned initially to prevent legal TADs from classing down, but with the ETs now run by many, it's a bit antiquated. If a person wants to run a clutch, I can't see a good argument against it. However, delay boxes aren't going anywhere, nor should they.

Last edited:
One thing about T/D is the different combos you see. All kinds of blowers, nitrous, even big inch w/ carbs. Once in awhile, also see an altered mixing it up with the dragsters. Makes for a fun class. Plus we get to root for Maters that run the class, like Bad Brad Green. :)

One thing about T/D is the different combos you see. All kinds of blowers, nitrous, even big inch w/ carbs. Once in awhile, also see an altered mixing it up with the dragsters. Makes for a fun class. Plus we get to root for Maters that run the class, like Bad Brad Green. :)
Awwww, shucks. You made me blush :)

Hopefully, next year the car will stay together enough to make a reasonable run at the division.

One thing about T/D is the different combos you see. All kinds of blowers, nitrous, even big inch w/ carbs. Once in awhile, also see an altered mixing it up with the dragsters. Makes for a fun class. :)

I know we are getting off topic here, but I really enjoy Top Dragster. I had the chance to announce some of the rounds in Brainerd, and that class was probably favorite class to call. Todd Bruce's altered really stood out to me. Big loud supercharged engine, Indian head spill plates, just a wicked looking machine. I didn't give it much of a chance. Boy was I wrong. He ran consistent as heck, and ran dead on the dial first round.

instead of a regular season and a 6 race dash for $500k, nhra ought to take that $500k end of year bonus for #1 in points and split it up into 4 majors @ $100k to win each, and then because there has to be a points race and a season long champion; award the final $100k at pomona 2 for winning the points.......same $500k is spent, and now there are 4 races that attract attention and cars to run for $100k to win.......gators, norwalk, indy, and vegas 2. a different track owner for each of the 4 races......actually, the $500k bonus ought to remain for end of year points winner, and 4 presenting sponsors together with nhra ought to be able to up the purse to $100k at at least 4 races (majors) every year......make those 4 races live on fox network

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back