Route 66 seating (1 Viewer)

In my opinion attendance has been amazing. Saturday reserved side was packed and 5-10 deep on the fence. Decent attendance on left side starting about half track. They turned one of the jumbotrons to face the left side. Concession lines were crazy long. I think Chicago is showing great interest in NHRA. Plus full fields in all pro classes, first time this year I think.

NHRA and the tracks never announce capacity for a venue. When they say an event is sold out, they never tell you how many tickets were sold. Without giving the capacity or the number of tickets sold, any claim that an event is sold out is meaningless. The crowd may looked packed but that does not mean it is sold out.

Back in the 80's and 90's they used to give attendance numbers of most national events and include it in the ND coverage. And I know when we went to Charlotte in 2018, the track said how many seats the venue had. But you're right Jim, in recent years, NHRA plays their cards close to the chest when it comes to attendance numbers. They do have a formula for announcing a sellout, and they don't keep that a secret. I forget what it is but maybe Alan can tell us.

They do have a formula for announcing a sellout, and they don't keep that a secret.
Not that hard. What would happen if I walked up to the ticket window and tried to buy a ticket? If the person said "yes, here's what we have left", not a sellout. If they say "no, we don't have any left to sell you", congrats, you have a sellout.

They do have a formula for announcing a sellout, and they don't keep that a secret. I forget what it is but maybe Alan can tell us.

They do keep it secret. I've asked when I have covered events and been told they don't release that information. My guess is that has more to do with the local fire marshall than anything else.

Not that hard. What would happen if I walked up to the ticket window and tried to buy a ticket? If the person said "yes, here's what we have left", not a sellout. If they say "no, we don't have any left to sell you", congrats, you have a sellout.
So all you have to do is put only 1,000 tickets on sale and you'd have a sellout.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back