Ron Capps Motorsports Pre-Race Report: Phoenix (1 Viewer)

Capps logo.jpg

NHRA Arizona Nationals
Event 2 of 21
Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park
Chandler, Ariz.
March 24-26, 2023

RON CAPPS: Driver of the NAPA Auto Parts Toyota GR Supra Funny Car
Capps 1.jpg

Capps stats.jpg
Fan Events:
Capps will join his Toyota Gazoo Racing teammates at the Toyota midway display from 10 – 10:30 a.m. on Saturday for a Team Toyota autograph session
Quotable:
“It’s bittersweet knowing that this is likely to be our last Arizona Nationals event. I used to go to that track growing up as a crew member, working on several different alcohol dragsters, Blaine and Alan Johnson’s car. Throughout my career, it was the first race I entered when I was a rookie in Top Fuel, driving for Roger Primm. We actually qualified and ran Joe Amato first round, and I won my first round of competition against the legendary Joe Amato at that event. I remember we had just barely gotten the car together and got it to the race. It was my rookie year and I hadn’t even driven a car to the finish line under power prior to that.
“When I got hired by Don Prudhomme to drive his Funny Car, Phoenix was where we tested and I made my first runs in a nitro Funny Car. It’s pretty incredible to fast forward and look at where we are now. I’ve been fortunate enough to get a couple of wins there and race for legendary sponsors and team owners, so it’s been pretty special. Phoenix has always been one of those events where we would take our family, and make a whole trip out of it, so it’s more than just a race for me, and we would love nothing more than to win the last Arizona Nationals this weekend.”

About Ron Capps Motorsports
Established in 2021, Ron Capps Motorsports is a single-car NHRA Funny Car team owned and operated by reigning and three-time world champion Ron Capps. Headquartered in Brownsburg, Ind., the team made its on-track debut in 2022 and competes on the 21-race NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series circuit thanks to the support of NAPA Auto Parts, Toyota, and GearWrench.
Capps, who serves as both the owner and driver of his namesake operation, is the second-winningest Funny Car pilot in NHRA history with 72 wins in the category. His 73 overall wins (1 Top Fuel) rank sixth amongst NHRA’s four premier classes. The 2023 NHRA season marks Capps’ 29th year competing in the sport’s professional ranks.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back