Ron Capps Motorsports Pre-Race Report: Las Vegas 1 (1 Viewer)

Capps logo.jpg

NHRA Four-Wide Nationals Pre-Race Report
NHRA Four-Wide Nationals

Event 4 of 21
The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Las Vegas
April 14 – 16, 2023

RON CAPPS: Driver of the NAPA Auto Parts Toyota GR Supra Funny Car
Capps 1.jpg

Stats 1.jpg
Noteworthy:
  • Earned victory No. 1 for Ron Capps Motorsports during the 2022 Las Vegas event
  • Is a two-time winner while competing in the unique four-wide style of racing. In addition to his 2022 Las Vegas Four-Wide Nationals win, Capps also won the 2017 Charlotte event
  • Advanced to the final round at the two most recent events on tour (Phoenix and Pomona 1) and is currently ranked No. 2 in points
Fan Events:
Capps will join his Toyota Gazoo Racing teammates at the Toyota midway display from 9:30 – 10:00 a.m. on Saturday for a Team Toyota autograph session
Quotable:
“Rolling into Vegas for this year’s Four-Wide Nationals has all of us at Ron Capps Motorsports smiling. For one, we’ll be going back as the defending champions of the race. Last year’s event was very, very special for our team. 2022 had a lot of great moments; a lot of ‘firsts,’ and things that we can look back on that we’re very proud of, but the 2022 Las Vegas Four-Wide Nationals was where our RCM team got its very first win.
“Vegas has sort of become a home track with my brother (Jon Capps) living there, and everyone in our family making the trip over each Vegas race weekend. They all hang in the Palmer Electric suite, and it just makes it a special place for me to be able to race the car in front of family and friends. That being said, we’re coming off of two final rounds. All of last week I felt pretty bummed that we didn’t get the win (in Pomona), but when you look at the big picture, the way our car ran all day Sunday just shows the reason that we’ve been in the final round at the last two races and how we can bounce back from any adversity. I’m really proud of what our team is doing, we’ve got a great race car, and when you have a great race car, you have confidence as a driver, and confidence is especially key when racing four-wide.”

About Ron Capps Motorsports
Established in 2021, Ron Capps Motorsports is a single-car NHRA Funny Car team owned and operated by reigning and three-time world champion Ron Capps. Headquartered in Brownsburg, Ind., the team made its on-track debut in 2022 and competes on the 21-race NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series circuit thanks to the support of NAPA Auto Parts, Toyota, and GearWrench.
Capps, who serves as both the owner and driver of his namesake operation, is the second-winningest Funny Car pilot in NHRA history with 72 wins in the category. His 73 overall wins (1 Top Fuel) rank sixth amongst NHRA’s four premier classes. The 2023 NHRA season marks Capps’ 29th year competing in the sport’s professional ranks.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back