Ron Capps Motorsports Pre-Race Report: Brainerd (1 Viewer)

Capps logo.jpg

Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals
Event 15 of 22
Brainerd International Raceway
Brainerd, Minn.
Aug. 19-21, 2022

RON CAPPS: Driver of the NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota GR Supra Funny Car

Capps 1.jpg
Highlights.jpg

Noteworthy:
#CampgroundCruising with Dometic:
Capps will be cruising the Zoo on Friday afternoon in search of the best campground set up. Campers are encouraged to bring their best, most creative ideas to showcase their BIR spirit. The winner of the best campground will be rewarded with a Dometic Patrol 20 cooler and drinkware, plus NAPA team swag, thanks to Dometic Outdoor
Capps, a two-time race winner in 2022, sits third in the Funny Car standings with 89 points separating the defending world champ from No. 2 ranked Matt Hagan. Capps will be looking to close-in on Hagan’s lead this weekend as he prepares to lock-in his starting position for the Countdown to the Championship.
Quotable:
“It’s that time of the year. Most of us racers, me for sure, have always grabbed the red pen and circled the Brainerd race on the schedule. There are quite a few reasons in particular why I love going to Brainerd. My wife’s family is from that area, so it’s nice to be able to get to race where you’re surrounded by family, and I’ve been lucky enough to win that race quite a few times and have them join us in the winner’s circle. On top of that, the Zoo is always fun, and the whole atmosphere surrounding the race track is just a blast. But, one thing that I think that gets lost when you talk about Brainerd is how good this facility and the track surface is, and how quick teams can run there. We’re going to have two qualifying runs on Friday instead of one, and we’ll have overcast conditions which will keep the track temperature down, and this is a track that can surely hold big power; that excites me with our NAPA AutoCare team, and Guido (Dean Antonelli) and (John) Medlen. It’s so fun to drive our NAPA hot rod because we can throw down at any given time, especially when the conditions are this good, and I think we are as consistent as anyone when the conditions heat up. We could see both of that show up in Brainerd this weekend, and I’m very much looking forward to this race.”

About Ron Capps Motorsports
Established in 2021, Ron Capps Motorsports is a single-car NHRA Funny Car team owned and operated by reigning and two-time world champion Ron Capps. Headquartered in Brownsburg, Ind., the team made its on-track debut in 2022, and competes on the 22-race NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series circuit thanks to the support of NAPA AUTO PARTS, Toyota, and GearWrench.
Capps, who serves as both the owner and driver of his namesake operation, is the second-winningest Funny Car pilot in NHRA history with 69 wins in the category, and 70 overall (1 Top Fuel). The 2022 NHRA season marks Capps’ 28th year competing in the sport’s professional ranks.

Attachments

• Stats 1.jpg
    Stats 1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 5
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back