Ron Capps crew chief ? (1 Viewer)

was watching an old late 80's nhra national recently on you tube and saw a very young john medlen, was it with chuck etchells i saw him?
where did john get his start?

was watching an old late 80's nhra national recently on you tube and saw a very young john medlen, was it with chuck etchells i saw him?
where did john get his start?
Not sure where he got his start but he was with Etchells (and Tim Richards) in '95 when I met him. He went to Force shortly after that.

Not sure where he got his start but he was with Etchells (and Tim Richards) in '95 when I met him. He went to Force shortly after that.
I believe John Medlin's first nitro crew chief job was with the Rudy Toepke TF team from Arkansas. Saw them in Tulsa in late or mid 80' match race. If I remember correctly Toepke beat Dick LaHaie in the final.

I think you are right Tony, John was with Rudy Toepke, then Rudy sold his stuff to Jimmy Nix and John made some stops and contributions to those teams on his way to Force's. Definitely one of the nicest guys to be around and work with in the sport.

I believe John Medlin's first nitro crew chief job was with the Rudy Toepke TF team from Arkansas. Saw them in Tulsa in late or mid 80' match race. If I remember correctly Toepke beat Dick LaHaie in the final.
Rudy Was alright! I remember he blew up and in his interview he said he pulled the chute and hung on for dear life lol

No offence people but What do these conversations that you are posting have to do with Ron Capps' New crew chiefs'???? If you want to post about your loved remembrance, create a new thread!
I'm surprised that Lions hasn't been brought up yet.

No offence people but What do these conversations that you are posting have to do with Ron Capps' New crew chiefs'???? If you want to post about your loved remembrance, create a new thread!
I'm surprised that Lions hasn't been brought up yet.
Medlin being the crew chief for Capps this year has everything to do with Capps ...His backround over the years was what they were talking about. I think Capps will be fine with his new crew chiefs, thats why Tobler decided to retire he knew he was leaving things in good hands

Just read the press release on the extension and was surprised to see it is only for the 2021 season. Hope it continues after this year

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back