Richard Shute, famed "Auto Imagery" owner, photographer... (1 Viewer)

Randy

Nitro Member
He posted this on Facebook today. I hope he doesn't mind me sharing it here.

Well in baseball they call it a curveball, a changeup, to throw you off your game. So I guess this was my curveball. Instead of being on my 6:00 am flt to Indy, I was in the ICU section of Scripps Encinitas Hospital. At 4 pm yesterday as I was packing for the trip, I got a nice dose of chest pain. I took a pill and rested, same pain, took another, No difference. I told Bonnie to call 911 and in a short time, Carlsbad Fire and Paramedic were wheeling my sorry self into Cardiac Cafe. By 7 pm I was in recovery after what the Cardio doc says was a massive heart attract with 100% blockage of the LAD.
The LAD is your Left Arterial descending artery, which I assume feeds your heart. The doc installed 3 stents in that little sucker and wheeled me to recover. Let's just say that Doc is on my Christmas Card list.
So as far as Indy 2022 is concerned, I'm taking a pass. Good luck to everyone and I hope you all have a safe race. I'll see you somewhere, Sometime. Love and Kisses.

1661913935746.png

Very lucky man, I have known a few people who were not feeling well with some chest pains and went to lay down to rest and never got up. Glad he got to the hospital in time and was able to get fixed up without having to be cut open. Hopefully he has a full recovery and can continue on with his "retirement"

Heart attacks are strange. A fellow I knew who delivered meds to our pharmacy was eating a burger, felt a pain, thought nothing of it. He discovered he'd had a heart attack while eating. Another lucky man....

Ahhh the dreaded "Widow Maker". Dude, SO FREAKING GLAD you got to the ER fast!! God Blessed you with low ET.

Get well soon!!

Rick is definitely one of the good people. Glad he was able to get help before it was too late.

Ahhh the dreaded "Widow Maker". Dude, SO FREAKING GLAD you got to the ER fast!! God Blessed you with low ET.

Get well soon!!

A friend was at the sink in the kitchen prepping a picnic lunch for her fiancé a few years ago. She heard a weird cough and turned around just as he was hitting the floor. She was trained in CPR but couldn't save him. Same artery, 100% blocked. 68 years old (younger than Richard is).

My uncle was very lucky back in January of 2020. He was working in Tucson and woke up Friday feeling like crap, threw up a few times throughout the day and thought he had food poisoning. He ended up driving back to Phoenix Saturday morning still not feeling right. On Sunday he was working on my sister's car and still was not feeling right so when she picked up her car he told her to drive him to urgent care. After taking his vitals the nurse flat out told him and my sister that "we have called you an ambulance, we believe you have had a heart attack." He had about as mild of a heart attack as possible but had he waited another day or even a few more hours the damage would have been massive. He had to have an (I dont what its called) internal pacemaker installed but it could have been much worse. Its why you do not mess around if you have any of the signs of a heart attack or stroke.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back