Remembering Shelly and Brian (1 Viewer)

FalconRacer

Nitro Member
43hyqo7.png

I was thinking about Shelly this past weekend with all of the Medlin tributes being aired. I have fond memories of racing with her at Tulsa in Top Comp. We were like a little family there at the Tulsa track. Donnie Bender raced with us back then as well. The race that stands out the most was when I told her before we got in the cars, that my brakes on my new S&W car were kind of mushy and to be sure and let me go on by before she turned off of the track. The track is uphill and I planned to pull the chutes and go to the last exit. Well, she kind of forgot and turned in front of me. That was exciting to say the least. It was my fault completely for running the car that way. Later, after I sold my car to Ken Zeller, I sold my Chap trailer to her and Paul. She was so excited to finally have a larger trailer. My wife and I always made sure to go by her pit area at the national events to hang out. Made us feel a little more important just knowing her.

They've kept coming to my mind too, while thinking of Eric and Darrell and Blaine and Elmer and.... My thoughts and prayers are with their family - these anniversaries must be so hard for them.

Guilty... and ashamed... And you're absolutely right to remind us. It's so easy to remember the pros, but Shelley was every bit a professional as the rest of 'em and she deserves as much respect as anyone else. God bless her and Brian - I hope they saved a seat in the lounge for Eric next to the HDTV they're using in Heaven to watch this weekends race in Houston... as well as all the rest of 'em!

Jon, I really like what you posted. My thoughts and Prayers are with the family and friends of Shelly and Brian.

They've kept coming to my mind too, while thinking of Eric and Darrell and Blaine and Elmer and.... My thoughts and prayers are with their family - these anniversaries must be so hard for them.

Hey Lisa,

Thanks for mentioning Elmer's name, a lot of people always seem to forget about Elmer, so I appreciated that.

Mike

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back