Really good footage from San Fernando & Lions (1 Viewer)

I think I saw Flamin' Frank Pedregon in there. Also Norm Cowdry (?) in the green AA/Modified Sports machine. The footage was so good - really took me back to Fernando.

I think I saw Flamin' Frank Pedregon in there. Also Norm Cowdry (?) in the green AA/Modified Sports machine. The footage was so good - really took me back to Fernando.

I think I said this before. Cowdry lived 2 streets over and a block down from me in Reseda. My street was a through street - Van Alden. From the corner stop sign 2 blocks away to my neighbor's driveway was 1320 feet. We knew this because some high school kids painted a white sripe across it and we couldn't get all of it up. So - Cowdry and I both started our cars sometimes on Friday or Saturday nights/evenings before the races. He had the Funny Car then. It was about 12:30 - 1.00 AM one night when we were working in the garage when we heard him fire up. This thing warmed up for longer than usual and much later. All of a sudden the sound explodes and it is coming fast. We run to the sidewalk and he came by about 175 MPH and clicked it off. He went through Sherman Way at speed with no chute and the truck with a bunch of guys in it followed screaming and hollering. The West Valley P.D. Sub Station is at the next main street 1/2 mile away. They musy have had a trailer down there somewhere because every Cop car on duty was at my house ready to put us in jail. Every light in the neighborhood was on and I got to see all my neighbors in there Pajamas or boxers for several blocks. We showed the Cops that the motor was cold on the dragster and they demanded to know who it was. I told them I didn't know who because it went by too fast. They went to Norms house and it was black with no trailer.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back