Rain For Rent (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
I don't know if anyone has seen any of the new retro rear engine dragsters yet but I just uploaded the new Rain For Rent car on Cap Racing Home Page

Larry McFarland took the picture at Bakersfield and graciously allowed it to be published on our web site. Apparently there is a whole new class for these cars and are more economical to run. I saw the first chassis last year at CHRR and was impressed.

I don't know if anyone has seen any of the new retro rear engine dragsters yet but I just uploaded the new Rain For Rent car on Cap Racing Home Page

Larry McFarland took the picture at Bakersfield and graciously allowed it to be published on our web site. Apparently there is a whole new class for these cars and are more economical to run. I saw the first chassis last year at CHRR and was impressed.

yea its Brad Thompson's car, its his old SC car converted to TF

i doubt a super comp chassis could spec as a top fueler as the bars wouldn't be thick enough to pass certification. Victory race cars are building these new cars as I saw one at the CHRR and it wasn't close to a super comp car.

what are the specs it runs under?

They were spected off the Candies & Hughes RED that sits in the NHRA Museum.
Funny Car engine specs.
500ci.,671 blowers, 18.99% over drive, Points mag, single pump 21GPM
34.6 in X 17 in tires

i doubt a super comp chassis could spec as a top fueler as the bars wouldn't be thick enough to pass certification. Victory race cars are building these new cars as I saw one at the CHRR and it wasn't close to a super comp car.

YES it was the car he ran SC with!!!

Last edited:
Blake Bowser and the crew at Auto Club Famoso Raceway have been working with NHRA Tech to start this new SPEC class to run at Saturday Night shows at Famoso. It is now approved.

So far there are seven or eight cars in various states of completion, Todd Losenko's dragster will hit the track soon, the chassis was shown at last year's California Hot Rod Reunion.

The guys at Famoso are trying to bring back the Saturday night nitro show with dragsters and nitro funny cars, hopefully the beginning of a trend. :D

I knew that and figured i would ask before poeple started getting all pissy about it again...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back