Raceway Park to Cease Drag Racing Operations in 2018 (1 Viewer)

On the Competition Plus forums someone (who also posts here) mentioned that sources close to the situation told him that the Napps needed money to settle three lawsuits and had to come up with something quick. Hence this out of the blue "deal" with Copart. We all know who was probably suing the track and it wasn't someone who races there. More like people who wanted the racing stopped. :mad:

On the Competition Plus forums someone (who also posts here) mentioned that sources close to the situation told him that the Napps needed money to settle three lawsuits and had to come up with something quick. Hence this out of the blue "deal" with Copart. We all know who was probably suing the track and it wasn't someone who races there. More like people who wanted the racing stopped. :mad:
It's not Copart. It's Insurance Auto Auctions https://www.iaai.com/Home/Default

Last edited:
So much blame being thrown around regarding the why of it all. Seems pretty simple to me. They were given a money offer they could not refuse.

More like people who wanted the racing stopped. :mad:

ONLY the drag racing will stop at ETown. Motocross, off roaders, drifting and the road course will all be in operation as normal. This is not the noise abatement people think it is.

I spent all day today at LVMS teching cars for our first drift event of the season. None of these cars are quiet. An unmuffled FC/FD Mazda RX7 rotary sounds and feels like a chainsaw trying to cut you in half from a mile away. Most everyone else is running unmuffled LS variants, though the ones with turbos are tolerable from a reasonable distance.

Want drag racing back at E-town? Here's how-
Start the fear in the public. Advertise in the area how much pollution could come from thousands of leaking cars. Antifreeze, oil, gas, batteries etc.
Instill more fear by talking about how auto parts theft will increase, trespassers and criminals that will be drawn to the area.
Watch the protests and lawsuits turn from noise to pollution, the town decides to block the use of the track as a junkyard (call it that in all press releases for even more fear).
Maybe the Summernats could be saved by May;)

Could it be that that location will save them time / money over where they could find land and setup their own lot? Also could a different location run into zoning problems.

What does parking / storage in your area cost?

► 2740 cars * $5 * per day 365 = 5000500

Stan
Uh, I can tell you for sure IAA or Copart do NOTHING for $5 per day.

At least for this year, a second Indy race makes sense to me. Chicago is the weekend before, everyone heads home to Indy for a race, then off to Bristol.

Doesn't seem like there's a rush to replace it until next year. I'd rather add an event, if really needed, at a track that doesn't already have one. It seems like it's hard for a track to pull a good crowd twice a year.

maybe best to leave off schedule.
2018 beginning with 8 races without presenting sponsor (was that number 9 with englishtown? don't recall)
here are the 9 companies supporting 22 races this year.....add non-profit mark cuban fund 'fallen patriots' for chicago race
lucas oil / amalie oil / denso plugs / menards / summit / dodge (no more 'mopar parts' in denver) / toyota / chevy / AAA

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back