Question for Alan (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Hiya Alan. Have a question about Brian Fitzpatrick, T/D, with that turbo in-line Toyota 6 banger. Noticed that he lost Rd 1 T/D when he slightly (heh) broke out, with a 5.841 241.11. Is that the quickest & fastest this car has run? That just blows me away, an in-line 6 on alky/turbo. I remember when T/F couldn't run 5.84. WOW!

Yes, he wanted to be the quickest ever with a 2JZ and was willing to get DQ-ed to do it.

Alan

Hiya Alan. Have a question about Brian Fitzpatrick, T/D, with that turbo in-line Toyota 6 banger. Noticed that he lost Rd 1 T/D when he slightly (heh) broke out, with a 5.841 241.11. Is that the quickest & fastest this car has run? That just blows me away, an in-line 6 on alky/turbo. I remember when T/F couldn't run 5.84. WOW!
Yes, he wanted to be the quickest ever with a 2JZ and was willing to get DQ-ed to do it.

Alan
Super COOL saw it on NHRATV Now that is Drag Racing. Alan and everyone great job yesterday!!! Ugly outside in Pomona 45 and raining looks like maybe
around 10:AM they can start drying it's going to take sum time.

another question for Alan,..... when the pro stockers get weighed I notice the driver always hands his/her helmet to someone and in a few seconds they hand it right back !!! what gives !!

There was an incident some years back where a guy threw a bag of shot in the helmet after the run before going to the scales so they started making the driver take the helmet out of the car when it was weighed, I think now it's kind of tradition. It's also an easy scale check that removing the helmet changes the reading.

Alan

The 2JZ motor has been pushed to amazing performances. The world record is 5.66 - in a doorslammer!

Mechanical geniuses, you give these guys an open account it's amazin what they can accomplish. That's why this sport is so expensive, but don't get me wrong I love it and love Drag Racing.

There was an incident some years back where a guy threw a bag of shot in the helmet after the run before going to the scales so they started making the driver take the helmet out of the car when it was weighed, I think now it's kind of tradition. It's also an easy scale check that removing the helmet changes the reading.

Alan

I usta hear stories about Jim Dunn doing that back in the day. One of his first F/C was, uh, a bit lite weight. He could run with anyone & win, even when the car was legal weight.

The 2JZ motor has been pushed to amazing performances. The world record is 5.66 - in a doorslammer!

Thanks Luke. Wow, that's all I can say. 3.74 @ 194 in the 1/8. He could give the hemi Pro Mods a run for their $$.

Last edited:
Alan, I have a question.

Might be over your head. let's see

Why is an open mic not left open on a broomstick at the starting line so we can get our $120×4++years worth of engine noise instead of your chattering box, which the lucky folk's at the track can never hear a word you say anyhow since the car's are whistling away, making their music. The Lohnes' 65% load may be a better way to go for your combo. just wondering

I understand that you are not tech support - but maybe you can ask around.

It's like watching the radio.

[email protected]

if I am suppose to go on yellow, aren't the green one's irrelevant and just a distractionary tactic.

thanks for your time.

- anonymous

Last edited:
It is becoming obvious that the 2JZ is the 392 Hemi, 426 Hemi, 427 Chevy of this generation. It is good to see the younglings back in the junk yard looking for these engines.

Alan, I have a question.

Might be over your head. let's see

Why is an open mic not left open on a broomstick at the starting line so we can get our $120×4++years worth of engine noise instead of your chattering box, which the lucky folk's at the track can never hear a word you say anyhow since the car's are whistling away, making their music. The Lohnes' 65% load may be a better way to go for your combo. just wondering

I understand that you are not tech support - but maybe you can ask around.

It's like watching the radio.

[email protected]

if I am suppose to go on yellow, aren't the green one's irrelevant and just a distractionary tactic.

thanks for your time.

- anonymous

Ray,

As a rule I don't talk over the burnouts and I am fully aware that depending on where you sit in the stadium you can't hear everything over the speakers. I am also aware that there are many people listening that are not sitting trackside and can he me just fine. We do have mics on the camera that pick up the track sounds, as for mixing the levels, that ain't me!

And the green bulbs simply show that it was a clean start, they are decoration. If you took them out of the tree, no driver would notice, but the fans sure would. But then you know that.....

Alan

Ray,

as for mixing the levels, that ain't me!

Alan
Alan -

Do you have a toll free number or email for the guy that does mix.

You know I'd pay for your breakfast daily just to hear you read me the menu.

Thought maybe you might know a guy. Like that Les Mayhew for instance.

Thanks again -
useless I tell ya'

Alan -

Do you have a toll free number or email for the guy that does mix.

You know I'd pay for your breakfast daily just to hear you read me the menu.

Thought maybe you might know a guy. Like that Les Mayhew for instance.

Thanks again -
useless I tell ya'

Ray,

I'm happy to pass this along, but I know that if the natural sounds are so high they drown out the announcer people will complain about that as well. I assume you know that Les works for us.

You can send me a note to [email protected] and I will forward it. I will not post someone else's contact info here, just as I would not want mine posted.

Alan

Busting bulb's one at a time Alan -
A bulb selection question, really.
- anonymous = red flags

I have Les' contact info, as well as all of your's.

You're out of pickles and pledge btw - and the cat's in the cradle.

like pulling teeth with this dude today.

~:)~

Chattering box was a term of endearment.
And it has nothing to do with the cash.

Maybe you will re-read the sarcasm in my post as opposed in a punch too the kisser way of looking at it.

Last edited:
This is why you two can't have nice things.
?

I have nice things. Alan has his things too.

I pulled Alan's chain for 3 posts. - #gramasapplepie Not quite low et or top speed, still a good run. He repeatedly walked into the stones crusher, obviously worn out from jetlag and the time changes of which there were none.

Just Brian's constant yakking has to be drained ... draining. I'm the last smiley face you need after that roadmap.

My nephew tells me that I'm not funny and walk weird. I tell him he walks funny and is weird.

- see how I work or no

something's not aligned or tight

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back