Qualifying 2022 (1 Viewer)

Gone Dead Train

Nitro Member
A while back, someone asked about how many qualifying sessions there would be in 2022.
My home race, Flav-R-Pac Northwest Nationals we get three. One on Friday and two on Saturday.
Just wondering about other races around the country. The NHRA schedule page is not updated
yet for 2022, but getting closer, they got rid of the 2021 schedule. Only reason I know about Seattle
is this. 2nd to the last paregraph. The schedule page link is below artical. Bookmark it Now!!!
Did I miss something about qualifying for 2022?

Last edited:
I thought I heard most races are going back to 4 sessions and the US Nationals is back to 5 sessions. I can't find anything in writing confirming that, but I haven't looked that hard. I bet Alan, Bobby, or Brian know, they pop in from time to time.

I thought I heard most races are going back to 4 sessions and the US Nationals is back to 5 sessions. I can't find anything in writing confirming that, but I haven't looked that hard. I bet Alan, Bobby, or Brian know, they pop in from time to time.
Us Nats is going back to Monday for the finals so at least one more Q session but I don't know the total.

Brian Lohnes mentioned on a podcast that three will probably be more normal than 4. I do know Denver will have four. With the specialty race in Gainesville I’m going to assume there will be four sessions. It would make sense that the four wide races have four but nothing has been confirmed.

i think 2, 3, and 4 sessions can work throughout a season. nhra should poll the pro teams. come to a consensus, whether or not teams would like to save a buck
at a few events, or not, and then how does that play into countdown qualification? do you need to run 2 sessions at every event to Q?, or run all the sessions?

Prices sure jumped up for the Seattle race. $75 on Saturday! $59 on Friday and only one Pro session? I'll probably just go on Saturday and Sunday.

Brian Lohnes mentioned on a podcast that three will probably be more normal than 4. I do know Denver will have four. With the specialty race in Gainesville I’m going to assume there will be four sessions. It would make sense that the four wide races have four but nothing has been confirmed.
Looks like Gainesville is 3 sessions, here's a part for the press release about tickets going on sale.
Action at the Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals will start with one qualifying run on Friday, a pair of qualifying sessions on Saturday, and eliminations on Sunday, as drivers will look to start the year with an early-season win.
https://www.nhra.com/news/2021/tickets-now-sale-2022-amalie-motor-oil-nhra-gatornationals

i think 2, 3, and 4 sessions can work throughout a season. nhra should poll the pro teams. come to a consensus, whether or not teams would like to save a buck
at a few events, or not, and then how does that play into countdown qualification? do you need to run 2 sessions at every event to Q?, or run all the sessions?
Not sure of current rule but in the past all you needed was 1 session to be eligible for qualifying money as long as you qualified with low enough ET

Not sure of current rule but in the past all you needed was 1 session to be eligible for qualifying money as long as you qualified with low enough ET
ken, what i am referring to is the recent new rule that if you make all the Q attempts at all the races, then the reset after indy isn't necessarily the top 10 into countdown,
but potentially 11 or 12 as i believe jim campbell Q for the C this last year in 11th place........i'm wondering if there are 3Q at gators, would a car have to run all 3? or just 2?
to be eligible for the C.

Oh Darn!
I hoped we'd be back to a normal schedule.
My preferred day to attend has always been Friday. Every car goes down the track twice and - often enough - the evening runs can be REALLY good.
A significant result of only 3 attempts folks have to play conservative - and the ladder can turn out really goofy. The best to a slowest ranking doesn't often result.

ken, what i am referring to is the recent new rule that if you make all the Q attempts at all the races, then the reset after indy isn't necessarily the top 10 into countdown,
but potentially 11 or 12 as i believe jim campbell Q for the C this last year in 11th place........i'm wondering if there are 3Q at gators, would a car have to run all 3? or just 2?
to be eligible for the C.
  • In Top Fuel and Funny Car compete at all 16 events (Gainesville to Indianapolis) and run a minimum of 2 qualifying sessions at each event.
  • In Pro Stock Car compete at all 12 events (Gainesville to Indianapolis) and run a minimum of 2 qualifying sessions at each event.
  • In Pro Stock Motorcycle compete at all 11 events (Gainesville to Indianapolis) and run a minimum of 2 qualifying sessions at each event.
This was the rule for 21 I would guess it will be the same

• In Top Fuel and Funny Car compete at all 16 events (Gainesville to Indianapolis) and run a minimum of 2 qualifying sessions at each event.
  • In Pro Stock Car compete at all 12 events (Gainesville to Indianapolis) and run a minimum of 2 qualifying sessions at each event.
  • In Pro Stock Motorcycle compete at all 11 events (Gainesville to Indianapolis) and run a minimum of 2 qualifying sessions at each event.
This was the rule for 21 I would guess it will be the same
thanks ken

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back