Q1 Problem For Blake Alexander (1 Viewer)

qtermile14

Nitro Member
It looks like Blake had the same problem as he did in rnd 1 at Atlanta with not being able to start it, including the parachutes popping out.

I noticed they were in the brain box thrashing around before the chutes popped. Just curious if something electrical shorts out in the car does it automatically activate the leahy system?

Man that was rough to watch. I can't imagine being strapped in and having to do that all over again.

Kudos to Jim Head. They gave Blake a ton of time, and an NHRA offical finally told Jim to start the car, and Jim put his finger up to tell him give them another minute, which they did.

they announced over the pa later that day before the second qualifying run that the team found the problem when they got back to the pits. one of the shut off sensors was leaking air pressure causing the safety shut-off to be activated.

its cool. the costs to run a tafc just got so out of hand that a someone like myself just couldn't be competitive anymore. I love speed and competition so top dragster is a pretty good fit.

I agree with that. the costs of running both alky classes are to the moon. Bruce, do you know of anyone who runs a TA/FC in the T/D class? I know some altereds run the class, just thought it would be interesting to run a funny car. Probably have to run 6.50's just to qualify these days.

I don't think FC would be allowed but past TF cars would pass. TD TS AFD FSS are the best sportsman classes to watch. I like all sportsman classes though, would rather watch them than any Pro Class except PS.

I agree with that. the costs of running both alky classes are to the moon. Bruce, do you know of anyone who runs a TA/FC in the T/D class? I know some altereds run the class, just thought it would be interesting to run a funny car. Probably have to run 6.50's just to qualify these days.
no, i don't know anyone that runs a tafc in td but Will Hanna was in the middle of putting together a tafc when he realized it was too much and changed coarse to put an altered body on it for td.

One thing that I love about T/D is that you see altereds and front engine & rear engine cars. Nice mix. That is a great class. I know that I'm, uh, mature (heh), but when I see T/D running on a 6.10 index, I can't help but remember when T/F was getting ready to break into the 5's, 1972. If I saw a 6.10 then, it would have been crazy quick.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back