Psycho Mustang-Ever See This Car Run? (1 Viewer)

TopFuel@Lions

Nitro Member
Ever see the Psycho Mustang run? Quite an interesting looking and running car, still kinda a altered with a body, Barker had fun driving this car that got plenty of booking in So-Cal.

This was a car similar to the Snoopy ride in one respect, did foggy burn outs with out going too fast.

TopFuel@Lions

Ever see the Psycho Mustang run? Quite an interesting looking and running car, still kinda a altered with a body, Barker had fun driving this car that got plenty of booking in So-Cal.

This was a car similar to the Snoopy ride in one respect, did foggy burn outs with out going too fast.

TopFuel@Lions

Some pictures would be nice. Are talking about this
1607902697446.png
1607902654075.png

1607902712049.png

1607902747990.png

1607902805017.png

Funny cars, indeed. A fuel altered with a Mustang body. Good grief. Seems like it might have been just a bit top-heavy. And not the only early Funny car like that, either.

I can think of a few AA/FA that just put a F/C body on the chassis. One had an AMX body & I think ran 204 with a blown Chrysler on nitro. The Psycho was the same. I don't think any of them ran too straight....

I can think of a few AA/FA that just put a F/C body on the chassis. One had an AMX body & I think ran 204 with a blown Chrysler on nitro. The Psycho was the same. I don't think any of them ran too straight....

And the other way around - I can think of a few FC chassis with fuel altered bodies, a couple of which run low 5s at over 280mph.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 16
And the other way around - I can think of a few FC chassis with fuel altered bodies, a couple of which run low 5s at over 280mph.
There's more than a few Carl, a 125 in. wheelbase FC chassis with an altered body is called a Transformer altered. And truthfully, they've been around since the '70s. Dale Armstrong's AA/A that won Pro Comp was a re-bodied BB/FC.

YEP........IT'S ANOTHER FAVORITE........IF WAS CLEARER AND IN COLOR....IT WOULD BE MY NEW WALLPAPER........

ralph-snodgrass-mustang.jpg

I saw the Psycho Mustang make one run, at the '68 OCIR Mfrs. Meet. They were an alternate FC and raced in Rd. 2 but broke against Gene Conway's "Hemi-Bird." Another former AA/FA that became a FC was Ron Pelligrini's '65 "Super Mustang." Believe it or not his short wheelbase FC predated the factory Mercs for having the first full fiberglass body. However, Ron's was an AWB design, meaning the body was in several pieces (lift off nose, opening doors/trunk). That project was the birth of Ron's Fiberglass LTD which became the leading FC body builder in the East.

The "Super Mustang" chassis was the former Dennison-Arlasky-Knox roadster, a Chicagoland fuel altered that was driven by Ron "Snag" O'Donnell.
The D-A-K and Gabby Bleeker's AA/FA's were the 2 biggest altereds in the Midwest. Here's a few links to see the Super Mustang and
D-A-K fuel altered.
D-A-K at '64 Bakersfield:
Several D-A-K and Gabby Bleeker pix:
The Super Mustang:
As you can see by the Super Mustang thread the first 100% fiberglass funny car has been found and restored!

TopFuel@Lions
My best buddy Brian's dad drove that car.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back