PS Qualifying.. (1 Viewer)

jpee

Nitro Member
Well after 3 rounds EE missed the field by .02 her teammate SC looks like he will need a JATO unit on his car if he is gonna get in... Who are the 2 other DS cars.. are they in?

I also noticed EE's old car (Tom Lee) is in with no problems...I'll go out on a limb & say SC is a spectator tomorrow.. & EE might be holding his hand...

Last edited:
... and they'll both be watching that Martino guy goin' rounds tomorrow with that Glidden guy turnin' the wrenches. Having said "both," I feel like Erica has a decent shot at getting in during the fourth session this afternoon, so Shaun may be watching alone.

Looks like Erica didn't even make a fourth round qualifying attempt.

After seeing the weather I KNEW .."If you weren't IN" there was no way you would get in..
Even though she wouldn't improve I would have thought she would have made a pass just to get info/data ?? Unless there was car problems ?

Tough class for sure. Tommy and the Slammers guys were outside looking in for the first 2 sessions, made one good run and got in. Erica's Mopar wasn't fast all weekend. Bummer. Best of luck in Sonoma.:)

bummer for erica. jason line looks very tough in the heat. but looking forward to also see tom martino to go some rounds, gotta love big bob tuning a pontiac-:D

Martino has a good chance to win!

It wouldn't suprise me to see Tom reach the finals and win. If Bob and the gang can give him a consitent car, Tom will do the rest. Just look what he did for Larry and V.Gaines. It looks like Bob hasn't missed a beat and has done a good job with his new program. It doesn't hurt to have hands guys like and Tom and Richard as a team owner, he has built a few championship engines you know. Almost forgot, Reher and Morrsion are also collaborating with Maskin's program also. That's alot of brain power. I'm really glad to see those guys run well out the box.
As for the DSR camp, all three cars were way off the final round and there is still a .05 gap between the 1 and 2 car for the team. I wonder what kind of frustration Shaun must be going through? It's tough when you have been chipping and chipping at something and you can't break through. I have said before and I will say it again, MOPAR is a helluva sponsor, we will see if they do to Shaun what they did to Larry Nance and John Nobile back in 97 I think it was. Also, how much longer will Erica run the SRT scheme, if I'm not mistaken on the ESPN broadcast they stated they were looking for sponsorship money for that car. If Schumacher is footing most of the bill why not try and get Gene something too? Guess America doesn't want to see him as much as they do the new "princess" of NHRA, until Ashley makes her first race then everyone is yesterdays news.

I'm thinking its gonna be a Very Long second 1/2 of the season for EE... forget about SC... unless Honda or Toyota sends a Tuner over to help...

Shaun is Mopar's cover guy right now. You can see his formula-d car all over those magazines, and you will also see pictures of him working on the car as well as being in charge. Even Mopar magazine, itself, has articles on him and his doings. He is going to be around for a while. DSR has really gotten what they wanted in him and EE.

I'm thinking its gonna be a Very Long second 1/2 of the season for EE... forget about SC... unless Honda or Toyota sends a Tuner over to help...

Shaun Carlson has never driven a Toyota or a Honda. He built the world's first tube chassis front wheel drive Honda racecar, but he didn't drive it. Shaun has only driven a Ford Focus and a Dodge Neon, which the Focus eventually morphed into. Shaun's always been part of the SPORT COMPACT scene, but he NEVER drove an import.

Shaun Carlson has never driven a Toyota or a Honda. He built the world's first tube chassis front wheel drive Honda race car, but he didn't drive it. Shaun has only driven a Ford Focus and a Dodge Neon, which the Focus eventually morphed into. Shaun's always been part of the SPORT COMPACT scene, but he NEVER drove an import.

I stand corrected.. I "Thought" he drove an Import... I guess he was more of a FWD car driver, as opposed to RWD that Pro Stock is.. probably different driving styles.. maybe thats whats causing him problems... ?

The EE and Edwards pair was somehow missed in our reports for that round. The reports have been corrected and we apologize for any confusion the omission may have caused.

Unlike virtually every other track we go to, our reporters at Seattle do not have a view of the track - they are inside a trailer with very few windows and no view of the track from those few windows. I don't know if that's a factor, but it doesn't happen often.

The EE and Edwards pair was somehow missed in our reports for that round. The reports have been corrected and we apologize for any confusion the omission may have caused.

Unlike virtually every other track we go to, our reporters at Seattle do not have a view of the track - they are inside a trailer with very few windows and no view of the track from those few windows. I don't know if that's a factor, but it doesn't happen often.

Larry... Not to worry.. you & the rest of the guys are doing a "Helluva" job" >> AS USUAL<<BTW Did we lose the audio cast.. ? I had it but lost it when FC was running... ?

I'm beginning to wonder............

I stand corrected.. I "Thought" he drove an Import... I guess he was more of a FWD car driver, as opposed to RWD that Pro Stock is.. probably different driving styles.. maybe thats whats causing him problems... ?

That's correct. He drove one of the world's quickest front wheel drives (7.60@186+mph). Perhaps the driving wheels being in the rear is an issue for him.....I mean, they've gotta be running out of explanations as to why he is not getting into the show every weekend. He's got a brand new Haas chassis underneath him, and all the best parts and pieces around him. Richie qualifies top half and Erica and Shaun don't get in??? I dunno:confused: . In the sport compact community, we try to support and cheer for any of our drivers who make it to the big show, but I can tell you all......that support for Shaun is slowly waning away. I understand they're having a tough time at DSR with all the personnel changes and trying to sort out the cars. I can only hope that they can turn their season around. Winning cures all bad feelings, and they need to qualify and go some rounds, then I think things will make a flip for the better for them. They just have to get over that qualifying hump, and the rest may fall into place.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back