ProStock Horsepower with Alan Reinhart (1 Viewer)

Kinda ironic....Elite allows access for the story, but wasn't Erica the victim of a missed 2nd gear shift last race? 🤔

My understanding is that the gear physically broke, not that she missed the shift. And they will occasionally "Dead Head" but that literally happens once or twice a year. And that's across the entire class, not once or twice to each driver. I believe that Greg dead headed one last year and said it had never happened to him before.

Alan

so difficult to break on of those...won't happen in Tulsa at testing, has to happen when it did.

The stars aligned for AL, congrats!!

A friend was driving for a team owner about 10 years ago and he was explaining to me how they were sitting up at night, looking at the weather for the next day (i.e., corresponding weather for run time) and calculating the gear ratios for 1-4th in the tranny, but also the rear gear ratio and tire size. It was like NASA engineering at its finest! They all factor into the equation in some form or fashion. VERY interesting seeing most all Chevy teams have the same HP.

My understanding is that the gear physically broke, not that she missed the shift. And they will occasionally "Dead Head" but that literally happens once or twice a year. And that's across the entire class, not once or twice to each driver. I believe that Greg dead headed one last year and said it had never happened to him before.

Alan

Because the RPM’S didn’t shoot up I didn’t think it broke but she was fast and got third while we would have been floundering looking for second.
Now, we need a class on what dead-heading is

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back