Pro Stock (1 Viewer)

drop an intake valve, or have a spring float and you are going to find out how much energy is latent in the plenum

most nitrous fires have much more to do with how many fuel lines they have than the compressed oxygen/nitrogen molecule, the explosion happens because of a mechanical failure, the fuel tends to be on timers and it doesn't stop flowing immediately

The thing barfed the rods.

It was wounded when they fired it up for the final. They attributed the problem to something else and in talking to Jason last night, he knew in the burnout that the thing was a dying animal.

Still pretty bad ass that he staged it and let ‘er rip anyway.

Brian

It was wounded when they fired it up for the final. They attributed the problem to something else and in talking to Jason last night, he knew in the burnout that the thing was a dying animal.

Brian
Brian, get us some pictures!!!

Brian

That makes sense, been awhile since Ive seen a pro stocker bomb one that big. I guess if you are going to blow one up you might as well make one spectacular mess of it.

I heard it "Pop" when he tried the first time to start it, then in the burnout out it sounded like it was still on eight. But as Brian said, Jason knew it was hurt. If it's Q3 you shut it off and push it back. Then again it's the final round at Pomona, would you shut if off, or stage it and hope for the best?

I know what I would do, same as him. A Racer is going to try to win the race.

Alan

Alan, where did you find this? :eek:

1550127615179.png

I heard it "Pop" when he tried the first time to start it, then in the burnout out it sounded like it was still on eight. But as Brian said, Jason knew it was hurt. If it's Q3 you shut it off and push it back. Then again it's the final round at Pomona, would you shut if off, or stage it and hope for the best?

I know what I would do, same as him. A Racer is going to try to win the race.

Alan
If he shuts it off a thread with the title "The fix is in already" would be getting hits.

I'm curious how much oil is actually in a PS motor during pass. ?
Maybe Alan can chime in and answer that question.

I'm curious how much oil is actually in a PS motor during pass. ?
Maybe Alan can chime in and answer that question.

As little as possible! The engines are dry sump so the oil is in a tank, (about three gallons) and the engines are VERY efficient at scavenging the oil. Once is comes off the bearings it is literally in the way, so it gets sucked out and goes back to the tank. There would be less than a quart in the pan at the point where it came apart. The lifter valley is also sealed off so the oil that goes up top doesn't fall onto the spinning crankshaft, and when it blew up some of that oil could have escaped, but the belly pan seems to have caught it all.

Alan

Alan, one of the pro Stock tricks "back in the day" was to take out "tranny fluid" from the Lencos, especially final round. They could get a bit quicker ET that way. Do modern day P/S do anything like that?

Alan, one of the pro Stock tricks "back in the day" was to take out "tranny fluid" from the Lencos, especially final round. They could get a bit quicker ET that way. Do modern day P/S do anything like that?
I think Liberty trans are different w different fluid.

There is very little lube in the transmission, especially with the ceramic bearings you don't need much at all.

Alan

How many classes still run a Lenco or B&J? Maybe the alky classes and some Pro Mods. I know a Lenco can be mated to a converter & some teams run that. I remember when Lenco came out & it was a big deal then. Big jump in technology.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back