Pro Stock cars look dumb (1 Viewer)

No disrespect to Bob Glidden David, but this is the ride for me.

(And I am not even a WJ fan).

DLB

REAL production (templated) STEEL bodies, with no more clutchless transmissions, 5-speeds, only, and a choice of turbocharged, supercharged, or nitrous assisted 355 CID small blocks in a variety of configurations (Chevy, Ford, Mopar, etc) vs. Mountain Motor 700 CID Big Blocks that are restricted to gasoline only. Flat hoods only on cars without superchargers; fuel injection of any kind, permitted.

I like these ideas. Even I would get excited about pro stock if this were the case.

I like that WJ pro stocker too. Maybe aerodynamics wouldnt be such a big deal if the above changes were made and advantages could be given to drivers and tuners who know what theyre doing. Then maybe you could see a variety of body types that look stock.

... yeah, those or similar changes in my dreams. Wouldnt all hell break loose if NHRA came down and re-wrote the pro stock book. Wouldnt that be cool though.

Christopher Williams said, "The cars are so delicately balanced with absolutely minimal downforce that they are twitchy, the slightest error and you're into the guardrail, on your roof, or both."

I stand corrected. These guys make it LOOK easy, so, I thought it was. I'd love to have one of those no-clutch transmissions in my bracket car...

Thanks for the correction.

Bill

If there was a point, relative to my suggestions RE changes to Pro Stock, in those two last posts, I missed it.

I am pretty dense, sometimes. Tell me what those comments have to do with new (suggested) Pro Stock rules.... I really don't "get it."

Thanks for any information.

Bill

Basically ,what you described was AA/SM in Comp Eliminator. Only one person built one to my knowledge,Butner. I believe the car got into the 6' s. He ended up crashing the car and that was the end of the class. As far as not running a clutchless transmission. Impossible. Back in the day when the Doug Nash 4 speed first came out, many were cheating by making them clutchless.

"when the Doug Nash 4 speed first came out, many were cheating by making them clutchless."

I wasn't aware that Doug Nash ever built a 4-speed.

When was that?

Bill

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back