Pomona - Rain! (1 Viewer)

DG

Nitro Member
Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 11:16 AM
drc4_00_leftdot.gif

8:00 AM UPDATE - RAIN
By David Gerard
drc4_00_leftdot.gif

POMONA, Calif. - 59th annual Lucas Oil NHRA WinterNationals at Auto Club Raceway in Pomona, CA.

Today's activities Have been postponed for a while, as the weather gods have decided to hang around a lot longer than originally forecast.

At 8:00 AM, current RADAR shows us still in the middle of an active front that will looks to last a while. With the cool temperatures, getting the track dry and ready to race on, will be a challenge.

Check back later for updates on a new start time and revised schedule.

* * * * Schedule Subject to Change * * * *

9:00 AM UPDATE - SUN
By David Gerard
drc4_00_leftdot.gif

POMONA, Calif. - 59th annual Lucas Oil NHRA WinterNationals at Auto Club Raceway in Pomona, CA.

At 9:00 AM, current RADAR shows the active front has passed and more rain is unlikely for a while.

The sun has poked out and NHRA has rolled all of the trucks, sweepers, etc. to start to dry the track. Still, with the cool temperatures, getting the track dry and ready to race on, will take a while. Likely, one to one and a half hours is my guess.

Check back later for updates on a new start time and revised schedule.

* * * * Schedule Subject to Change * * * *

Yes, but the track temperature and dew point will be a bigger factor, as the track will get cold fast, once the sun goes down!

Safety first!

I've been at Pomona when they've run well after curfew. I think they just pay the fine

IT'S CLIMATE CHANGE I TELLS YA! THE WORLD'S GONNA END IN 12 YEARS YOU BETCHA!

No, it will be 22 years, 3 months, 5 days and 22 minutes, more or less. Will be caused by electric vehicles emmiting too much ozone and the entire atmosphere will collapse. o_O

Anybody know what today's schedule will be? I am about a half hour from the track and I'm thinking about stopping by if I can catch the last nitro session.

Doesn't rain in CA for months, the one weekend where we need it to be dry the most and BAM!

NHRA = Next Heavy Rain Area.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back